Average Xbox 360 Sale On eBay Tops $700

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20051210/tc_cmp/174910036

According to British Columbia-based Terapeak, in the first week after its Nov. 22 launch, Xboxes were selling at a rate of 1 every 13 seconds during peak hours. The total dollar value of Xbox 360s sold on the online auction giant during that week exceeded $23 million.

The small supply and large demand moved many to "flip" their Xbox 360 purchases on eBay. During the week of Nov. 22 through Nov. 28, each successful Xbox listing on eBay garnered an average of 19 bids, and sold at an average price of $718.

Since Nov. 28, said Terapeak, the average number of bids and the selling price have both dropped slightly, to 15 and $702, respectively.

Shouldn't something ought to be done to stop this blatant blackmarketing? I mean someone buying a product solely to sell it at exorbitant price....

Alstrong said:
Lesson for the next Xbox: MSRP $699 :idea:

Come to think of it, why hasn't any company realized that if you're going to have a shortage, launch at an exorbitant price and cut it 3 to 6 months later when Joe Nottotallyobsessedwithxbox is planning to buy one? "Was $699! Now just $399!" might make more people think of it as a huge bargain, too (of course, any loss-leading hardware is a huge bargain).

The thing that gets me is that there are thousands of those people paying such a high price.

busy selling my 4th xbox360 package :p

and i just bought a core pack plus PGR3 + RGB scart cable + memorycard for only 389 euro. its just 2 days old and the previous owner was fed up with it :)

Back