ATI's reponse to HDCP

KimB

Legend
Just posted from Anandtech's news affiliate:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=893

Recently published articles about HDCP have made ATI Technologies aware of product information inconsistencies on the ATI.com website. ATI is ensuring the accurate information about HDCP support is properly presented. ATI's recently announced graphics chips, the Radeon X1000 family, are HDCP - ready and can be used to make HDCP-enabled board products. Many components have to be HDCP-enabled before a system can be used to view protected content. They include media content itself, the operating system, the video player software application, the graphics chip, and the monitor. ATI and our Add-in-Board partners will ship board products enabled for HDCP as soon as it is useful for our consumers – when more of the industry infrastructure is in place.

Chalnoth said:
Dude, look at the timestamps on the posts :p
The timestamps are normalized to your time as set in the User CP. As I see it geo posted 14:54 and you posted 21:24 (both my time). This fit very well with my recollection of reading his post some hours before yours showed up and the other thread was below yours in the forum when I replied.

Trust me. He posted first.

Not that it matters much, though. Just didn't think the ATI reply warranted another thread when there was a perfectly good one still active for HDCP playback scenarios already.

Peace, love, and all that jazz. :smile:

Back