As sleazy as it gets

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Much like last year, we'll be doing a yearly awards thread sometime in December. I've got one I'm probably going to nominate, tho hopefully it'll be gone by then so I thought I'd point at it now.

It's a thread at techPowerUp!, here: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=21050

As would be painfully clear to anyone familiar with the graphics community, asshat is trying to pass himself off as ChrisRay, and as a ChrisRay who is saying that the 8800 line of graphics cards is fundamentally broken and thus folks shouldn't buy them.

Personally, I don't get any sense of someone with a sense of humor having some sick fun. It reads like a straight out effort to screw Nvidia, Chris, or both.

I hope Chris or Nvidia talk techPowerUp! into coughing up tracking data on that account and take legal action for fraud.

It is people such as this that make it hard not to be cynical... I guess that is why I limit my internet browsing to a few select sites... the less I see of this @#$^ the better off I am.

Its certainly not me. And I am attempting to deal with the situation.

Chris

These people have no lives.... :rolleyes: ...or won't have. :devilish:
Wonder if any of those new posters are really the same person...

Tech Power Up forums just made my "Comedy, intended or not (preferably not), forums to check every once in a while" list.

This partcular joke thread was kind of weak, but some of the replies were worth of a triple A grade.

I especially appreciated the posts, from some of the brightest minds to ever grace the internet, that did try to "resolve" that most impossible riddle from the original poster. "Mhhh... don't buy the graphic cards that cost $4.99 and $5.99 from N but buy the superior product from the company A, which I'm a fan-boy to.
I GET IT! THIS RANDOM MENTALLY CHALLENGED FAN-BOY FROM THE INTERNETS MUST BE TRYING TO TELL US NOT TO BUY $499 and $599 CARDS FROM NVIDIA BUT INSTEAD BUY ATI PRODUCTS! OMG! IT'S LIKE THE DA HECTORRUIZRICI CODE! AND I CRACKED IT WITH MY MIND AND WITH... MY HEART!"

I also find it mildly amusing that the thread was lock only after 11 pages (...) for the reason that "(they) got some Nvidia or ATI marketers pushing BS on (their) forums."
Yeah, sure, Ati or Nvidia (!?) paid a twelve years old fan-boy to pass off as Chris Ray and spew openly, in therads created for that purpose, nonesense negative rumors about Nvidia products on internet forums. Sounds indeed like the most probable explanation for the situation at hand here.

I beat them all to it. I was ChrisRay for Halloween. It was second in popularity only to Spiderman around my parts.

Now that you have an official stalker, Chris, will you start an TV commercial campaign along the lines of the Nike's "I am Tiger Wood", but with "I am Chris Ray, damn fan-boys!" instead?

i cannot believe the ways some people find to dispose of their time. That it totally pathetic. I imagine its the amount of effort that wacko put into the whole situation is whats most bothersome.

Problably some disgruntled WoW player who just got banned from the server and found himself with a whole lot of time.

That is pretty nasty. From a positive standpoint: It shows how important the real ChrisRay is for the over-all community!:)

I would be really curious to find out whether this is done from the same IP address as the "dynamic branching" FUD.

Poor dumb ass is a sick idiot. :rolleyes:

However, I do find it odd that their is "N" <------ (lol) posters posting at heavily influenced ATI sites such as Rage3d and techpowerUP. Whats next? TeamATI.com?:oops:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. And the jokes! :S

I must admit this has been a fairly depressing experience for me as this is pretty much a result of my delivering feedback regarding the VISTA driver situation as well as reporting back on the situation. Sometimes I bend overs backwards to help people and they throw it back in my face. ((like this instance))

Anyway I'm glad its taken care of and thank you geo for the defensive stance of me :)

Chris

Back