Armed and dangerous

digitalwanderer said:
I dunno LB, toxic dart shooting dolphins is kind of a new wrinkle you must admit. :???:

Oh definately, hats off for the imagination... but still... We had the "escalators from hell" story (U know, the escalators that go wild and kill people of mutilate them), the "killer Bees", the "Tsunami on NY", the "Alien abductions", the 4400's, the Xmen, Monica Lewinski...

london-boy said:
Oh definately, hats off for the imagination... but still... We had the "escalators from hell" story (U know, the escalators that go wild and kill people of mutilate them), the "killer Bees", the "Tsunami on NY", the "Alien abductions", the 4400's, the Xmen, Monica Lewinski...

acctually.... ever since Cold War both soviet and americans were training dolphins....
one of things they were trained was to watch for divers approching ships and alert crew.... that was one of more peacefull trainings, but they were also trained to attack in some cases....

now.... i am not so sure they armed, but if there was training facility, it is possible that some of those dolphins got out.... i truely doubt they robbed armory on their way out, but still....:LOL:

imagine going scuba diving, seeing cute dolphin approching and then "WTF!!!!!:oops: I AM SHOT!!!11111I AM SHOT!!!1111"...."who shot you?"...."DOLPHIN!!!!!"......

suuuurrrreeeeeeeee...........:LOL:

And besides, how would OJ Bubba, local gangsta in New Orleans look when he replies "A dolphin" when asked who shot him? I mean that's just gay. Trust me. Almost Nintendo kind of ghei. :devilish:

*waits for the Nintenorks to come in and slaughter him fo that joke*

Just mere existance of such experiments tells me that it just might be better if menkind gets wiped out.

How crazy must one be to train dolphins for anti-terrorist actions? :rolleyes:

_xxx_ said:
Just mere existance of such experiments tells me that it just might be better if menkind gets wiped out.

How crazy must one be to train dolphins for anti-terrorist actions? :rolleyes:

SEGA was exploiting dolphins more than 13 years ago already!! Poor Ecco is the Che Guevara of Dolphins!

Everyone missed the really stupid part of this story.

Assuming that they really did have armed dolphins just hanging out at a military base that were trained to protect the ships, wouldn't these dolphins be loose every time they were sent out on a "mission"? I mean, in order to protect the ships they have to be free to swim around in the bay or harbor, right? If a diver could swim in, they could swim out any time they wanted, so why is this a problem now?

Powderkeg said:
Everyone missed the really stupid part of this story.

Assuming that they really did have armed dolphins just hanging out at a military base that were trained to protect the ships, wouldn't these dolphins be loose every time they were sent out on a "mission"? I mean, in order to protect the ships they have to be free to swim around in the bay or harbor, right? If a diver could swim in, they could swim out any time they wanted, so why is this a problem now?

I would think that the dolphins would be trained to return after a mission. They must be far enough away that they don't know where to return to. Let's hope they have some sort of tracking devices.

I keep wondering if this story is true... :oops:

Moose said:
I would think that the dolphins would be trained to return after a mission. They must be far enough away that they don't know where to return to. Let's hope they have some sort of tracking devices.

I keep wondering if this story is true... :oops:

I'm having a really hard time trying to imagine a lost dolphin. I wonder if there are thousands of lost dolphins wandering around in the ocean aimlessly. Maybe that would explain why they chase ships.

Back