April EGM: Lego Halo

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
I got my first free issue of EGM today. The most interesting news was that Bungie is working on Lego Halo. It's even expected this fall. It contains the whole Halo trilogy with 90% 3rd person view and 10% first person. Multiple characters are playable from the complete series and a few new ones. One interesting quote included:

Lee Carlton said:
We really feel like the Halo trilogy is as strong as Star Wars.

It's good, but not sure about that. Unless they're talking about 2nd Star Wars trilogy. LOL ;)

Tommy McClain

It is a joke and yes their April Fool's Jokes are elaborate. Check that Wiki Lego Halo is listed as their latest joke.

LOL, oh well. That would have been fun. ;) Guess I'll just have to settle for Lego Batman.

Tommy McClain

You know what would be even more awesome? Lego Lego! They build a lego game out of legos. All the Lego characters would be made from Legos! That would be awesome.

I think a Lego Halo game could work really well, But realistically we will not ever see a Lego Halo game until there are actually Halo Legos. Star Wars, Batman, and Indiana Jones already have Lego sets. I'm also not sure Lego would be willing to create toys based on an adult series. Lego Halo is in my list with Lego LOTR, something that could be great that will unfortunately probably never happen.

Star Wars, Batman, and Indiana Jones already have Lego sets.

I remember back when I was a kid and obsessed with Legos, I read in this book about them that they were adamantly against doing licensed themes because they felt it would undermine the inherent creativity of the toys, so they had consistently turned down all kinds of lucrative offers. Now it's nothing but licensed garbage, and pirate Legos (my favorite) have gone down the crapper.

I'm also not sure Lego would be willing to create toys based on an adult series.

The Indiana Jones movies were hardly for the kiddies.

Indiana Jones is fun for all ages like Star Wars. I remember how hyped I was as a kid for the Indiana Jones ride they were going to open in Disneyland.

meh, who cares if the originals are violent. LEGO is all about transferring that for a kiddy audience anyway... or at least parodying such scenes.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll deal with the guy's face melting in Raiders of the Lost Ark or tearing out a person's heart in Temple of Doom... Halo is tame by comparison. Purple and blue blood? Come on. :rolleyes:

Halo is tame by comparison. Purple and blue blood? Come on.

I agree if we are talking about content, but one is a PG rated family oriented action-adventure series, the other is an M rated FPS. We'll see, the original point stands though, we will not see a Halo Lego game until we start seeing Halo Lego sets.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll deal with the guy's face melting in Raiders of the Lost Ark or tearing out a person's heart in Temple of Doom

It will be, in some way they always manage to make even brutal things comical (pulling off the arms of stormtroopers).

Back