Anyone know what the PS4 pro's wireless capabilities are?

So i have an bunch of older cisco 802.11n 3:2 mimo AP's. So their max physical connection speed is 300mbps over 5ghz with 40mhz channel. Right now my PS4 pro (just bought like an hour ago) appears to only be doing 48mbps link speed so single spatial stream, 20mhz.......

If this is the best it can do, then WTF Sony!

There is another bit to this, which they touch upon in the comments, the DNS server and CDN, because the DNS server is supposed to send you to the closest CDN. Which means the latency should be lower ie the BDP should be better. but open DNS services like openDNS and Google, might send you of in the wrong direction which means the BDP gets worse.

Im measuring from the radio, so while i still might be getting crap download speeds from the CDN i cant get anything above about 2.5-3.5Mbps at this wireless phy speed regardless. My laptop sitting right next to it gets phy rate of 300mbit and can max my 100mbit inet connection.

That's much better than regular ps4 I think
I have never noticed before to be honest.
I didn't have a free drive with enough space to do a full backup when upgrading (if i could point at a NFS/CIFS share i would be fine) so i didn't copy apps. Now i have like 400gb to download at once i am seeing just how bad it is......lol

Last edited:
Back