Anyone here reading culture.vg?

You're concluding from false statements. We don't have clear cut genres any more. There's no objective scale of bad---good. There's no objective opinion about anything to begin with. There are no obvious rules nor facts. And so on, and so forth.

And yes, I can claim that Lemmings are FAR better than Modern Warfare 2. Because they are in my scale and I refuse to submit to yours. At the end of the day that's what you really want: scale you like. Nobody cares about your scale, just like nobody cares about mine. We don't need objective truths (they don't exist, it's a waste of time to wait for those), universal scales and factual criticism. There are no facts to rip apart. None.

I don't know about you but I don't want to live on a planet where people like Damien Hirst are allowed to be on top of the world.

I don't want to live in a retarded democratic society where values are inverted. Where beauty and the highest levels of craftmanship are marginalized for simplicity, ugliness and pretentiousness.

We don't have clear cut genres any more.

How so? For example, there are still 2D fighters, shmups, multiplayer FPS's, all of which have existed in the 90's. The first two have reached new heights since then, while the same can't be said for the latter. I can't think of any other category of games that has regressed as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hirst is a sculptor whats he got to do with the price of fish ?
If you dont like pretentiousness. why do you read a blog written by the most pretentious games commentator i've ever come across ?

Hirst is a sculptor whats he got to do with the price of fish ??

I mentioned Hirst because talentless hacks like him are making butload of money on readymade junk because of the death of criticism and the slave-game of social distinction which is a consequence of the rise of democracy and capitalistic societies.

If you dont like pretentiousness. why do you read a blog written by the most pretentious games commentator i've ever come across ?

His site has a lof of useful stuff, whether one agrees with him or not. I don't think there is anyone who 100% agrees or disagrees with his ideas. The problem is that just about everyone is using his caustic style of writing as an excuse to avoid discussing some very important stuff.

I meant pretentiousness in the context of the end of reason in the modern art world where people praise paint splotches by trying to derive its "meaning" from the height of pretension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back