Any other Spoonerists here on the board?

Guden Oden

Legend
A spoonerism is generally defined as switching around syllables between two or more words in a sentence, often to produce a humorous result. Of course, the switch should be done unconsciously to really "count" as a true spoonerism.

I however often find myself doing it just for fun, typically on company or product names, movie titles or such. Sometimes I google them to see if others have done the same. :)

Some examples: Prad Bitt seems to be a popular message board alias. Other people watch a TV show called Tip/Nuck. Damonna, unlike her closely verbally related sibling, is NOT a famous artist. Likewise, Fates McGadden was not an actress on Star Trek, but rather seems to have engaged in having naughty pictures taken of her instead. :D

All spoonerists hate Rolls Royce cars and Coca-Cola softdrinks. :LOL:

I'm sure you didn't miss the closely related "cunning stunt bonus" in Carmageddon either. :) I remember laughing almost hysterically at that one back in the 90s when the game had just come out, and for the most part because the "funny" bit of it probably never struck my norwegian friend who was the one actually PLAYING the game. :D I'm still not sure if he's aware what happens if those syllables are flipped around. :p

Guden Oden said:
A spoonerism is generally defined as switching around syllables between two or more words in a sentence, often to produce a humorous result.

Often?! :D

Ah - (blurred) memories of drinking games.

How about spoonerish names? I can't believe Ted Rogers was allowed to peddle his filth on national TV for years!

Back