Any Anime Lovers here :)

JaylumX

Newcomer
Yep, just curious, are there any Anime lovers here. I'm one. 29 years old, always loved cartoons, don't really care what people feel about it, they can come up with their psuedo-psychological BS to determin why reasons, not bothered.

Just finished watching "Great Teacher Onizuka". One of the best Anime Comedies i have seen. Up there with Ebichu [house keeping hampster....go and watch that NOW]. Currentloy acquiring Neon Genesis Evangelion, Golden Boy, Full Metal Alchemist, His and Her Circumstances and apple seed. Got loadsa backed up Anime on DVD i've yet to watch [monster, Macross 7, GITS: SAC, GITS: Second Gig, Texchnolyze etc.

I LOVE ANIME WITH A VENGENCE.

Anyone else love Anime.

I like it. :) Watch(ing/ed):FMA, Inuyash,NGE, FMP, justice league unlimited, and a few others. Movie wise i just watched howl's moving castle.

epic

Ah yes JLU. I prefer the two previous seasons. It was darker, more voilent and considerably had more drama and character development in it. Also the stories were exceptional rather than the obligotary "lets kick se7en colours of shit out of some baddies". Fortunately the last few Eps of unlimited did have a decent plot, kept me going actually.

Anime's too expensive to buy for me and I'm too honest/lazy to pirate it. :p I stick to manga instead, with a huge bias towards sci-fi/cyborgs/guys in robot suits/robots. :D

forgot to mention last exile. By far one of the best looking anime's ive ever had the pleasure of watching.

epic

I'm a bit of a Gundam purist. Seen pretty much every series, and although some are downright horrible, I still find the show entertaining. Some of the older stuff like Zeta Gundam is truly classic, while the stuff in the 90's was just bizarre, ie: G Gundam, Turn A Gundam.

The "new" series, Gundam Seed, has been awesome. Fukada took all the "good" elements from the past 20 years and rolled it into an amazing show. The animation is pretty top notch too. Currently Seed Desinty gives me my weekly dose of joy and happiness :)

Gunslinger Girls, Elfen Lied, and Serial Experiment Lain are all more fucked up than Evangelion for me. :?

I like anime a bit. I do the weekly Naruto/Bleach thing as well as FMP:TSR now. Watched FMA and just got done watching the subbed trailer for the movie and I'm all hyped for it now. (The Naruto movie blew, but FMA's should rock)

Right now I'm working thru Rurouni Kenshin which is very good, along with Azumanga Daioh and School Rumble for fluffy fun. ;)

Oh, and Bleach 41 & TSR 2 just came out this morning for those who are into such things...links over at EB. ;)

PenguinJim said:
Cowboy Bebop!
Another good one, although I personally hated the ending...
bleh2.gif

Does Invader Zim count as anime? I consider it more a cartoon, but it's always ranked in anime at torrent sites now. :(

Read or Die, FoolyCooley, Samarai 7, Samarai Champloo, Battle Programmer Shirase, and Chobits were all fun too. :)

Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, TriGun, Samurai Champloo. GunGrave is ok. YuYu Hakusho. I used to be real big in to DB and DBZ. I still want to see DBGT even though it's not supposed to be very good.

Watched all of FMA, seen Akira (TETSUO! KANEDA!), read the Berserk manga (ohboy I love that series), watched the Berserk series (before the manga. it was yummy. Gattsu! giant sword that's so big it's not even phallic anymore!), watched most of Naruto (except the craptastic fillter), read Naruto manga, watched most of Eva (hated it), watched most of Cowboy Bebop (I knew the ending. it was spoiled. :( ), watched part of Samurai Champloo (tasty. I like it. need to get around to watching more)...

Oh yeah. Koroshiya Ichi manga? Sucks. Ichi's just a schmuck (not autistic (like he seemed to be in the movie), no sort of, "Damn. That guy is messed up" aspect... bah), Kakihara is a crybaby, the twins are pretty lame, and the whole thing is just ridiculous and gratuitous in every way. The ending? Also lame. Yes, we know about Takeshi, you don't need to come out and just hit us over the head with it. Koroshiya Ichi, the Takashi Miike movie? Masterpiece. Best movie of past ten years? Quite possibly.

PS--I want Tadanobu Asano's babies. After seeing him in Koroshiya Ichi and Last Life in the Universe, wow. When's he going to cross over into American movies? Also, if Takashi Miike makes an American movie, my God. He is the greatest living director, after all...

Berserk is also one of my favourate Anime as well. Got on of the weirdest narrative. Starts of with a definate goal, goes of on a tangent [which i love] and then hits you with a WTF ending that is so absurd, you think....huh...where the hell did that come from. Fortunately that didn't ruin the series for me, cause i love it anyways. I knew Guts and that bird would get together. One of the best Anime IMHO.

EDIT: FMP:TSR RAW is out BTW. I'm just gonna wait until its subbed. Can't wait :devilish:

Just finished watching Twelve Kingdoms, which I thought was great. Hopefully they will continue the story...

Currently watching Noir and Crest of the Stars...

Stuff I'm looking forward to: Wolf's Rain, FLCL, Soukyuu no Fafner, Saikano, Samurai X, etc... (so many good ones)

For those that liked NGE, you might also like Rah-Xephon.

My favourite anime is Laputa.

But I'm more a manga person, some anime are terrible adaptation of the original manga. I read all kinds. I love:

(1) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Don't watch the anime. The story is totally different from the manga and it s*cked hard. The manga is my all time favourite and I have been reading manga for 30 years. I skipped studying for finals just to go out and buy book #3 and #4 when I was in college.

(2) Five Star Stories
Fairy tales + Mecha + Fashion show. The weirdest and wildest mecha manga. Exquisite artwork but em... mind boggling storyline. Acquired taste only.

(3) GANTZ
Strange SciFi + Alien + Reality TV manga. Very creative aliens and some "gratuitous reader services" (unnecessary nudity).

Other memorable ones include Ashita no Joe (Tomorrow's Joe), Cobra, ARMS, 3x3 Eyes, Touch!, JoJo's Adventures, and a few by Yumiko Takahashi.

(3) GANTZ
Strange SciFi + Alien + Reality TV manga. Very creative aliens and some "gratuitous reader services" (unnecessary nudity).
Let us never speak of the second season of teh Gantz anime again. :(

I need to get the manga, but effort is required.

The Baron said:
(3) GANTZ
Let us never speak of the second season of teh Gantz anime again. :(

I need to get the manga, but effort is required.

Why ? What happened ? I didn't bother with the anime.

Back