Android Wear

I didn't imagine you actually work on pants either :LOL:

Safe collection and storage of data is a concern, I'm already afraid a black van will get me.

I didn't imagine you actually work on pants either :LOL:

I'm hoping the pants part will be rather short.. right now I'm struggling with the DSP stuff. Never really been a software development guy...

The key driver for visual technology has always been naked skin doing stuff. For sensors and wearables, I believe it's sports. For biking it was odometers, heart rate monitors, power meters, GPS, real-time tracking of performance along segments. Skiers used the first commercial, cheap HUDs (Recon), the first non-multimedia app for iPod was this Nike thing etc. For pure sedentary people, there's the fitbit and jawbone to delude themselves that walking to the vending machine is similar to sports too. ;)

I find that stuff irresistible, and I have a closet full of heart rate monitors, cadence meters etc.

I think/hope that the next generation of wearables is going to be targeting that group first. There's a lot of simplification possible with smart sensors and CPU power.

It's interesting that there's DSP to use in that application. Traditionnally you'd have a 8051 clone or something, now you can have a 32bit CPU if you want and DSP which saves power compared to processing a signal with the CPU.

The key driver for visual technology has always been naked skin doing stuff.

Especially in the development of high bandwith internet, video streaming, e-commerce, P2P and content delivery networks :LOL:

It's interesting that there's DSP to use in that application. Traditionnally you'd have a 8051 clone or something, now you can have a 32bit CPU if you want and DSP which saves power compared to processing a signal with the CPU.

Yes, by DSP I meant Digital Signal Processing, not processor. I'm working on a Raspberry Pi.

The key driver for visual technology has always been naked skin doing stuff. For sensors and wearables, I believe it's sports.

And elders and military :)

Back