And the Exec Producer for Halo Movie is...

AlNom

Legend
Peter Jackson!

Things are looking good. :)

http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=biggorilla&p=4955829

No sense beating around the bush. I would only say that if you’re not already sitting down, you absolutely should.

A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to partner with two tremendous Producers from Universal, Mary Parent and Scott Stuber. In the short time they’ve been on board, Mary and Scott have joined with Peter Schlessel to accomplish unimaginably wonderful things. Example? They’ve secured an Executive Producer to help guarantee the creative integrity and technical excellence of the Halo film.

And that Executive Producer’s name is Peter Jackson.

I only hope the film is better than the books. I read the first one to be released and it was utterly dreadful.

Still, I'm all for decent SF films and Peter Jackson does have a history of involvement with humans vs aliens films. :smile:

Sod the Master Chief, where's Derek?

Thinks back at video games turned into films

Mario bros (crap)
Resident Evil(crap)
Mortal combat(crap)
Final Fantasy(crap)

More interesting games than halo to turn into a film.

BioForge
Deus Ex
System Shock 2 in a "2001: A Space Odyssey" + horror kind of way.

What do we get Halo and Doom. :(

Thelacky said:
More interesting games than halo to turn into a film.

Deus Ex
This has actually been in various stages of pre-production limbo for years. Sony Pictures/Columbia has the rights to it, there have been a couple of interviews with a writer (at IGN for example) and Spider-Man producer Laura Ziskin have reportedly been attached to the project.

I too have some trouble seeing how the Halo setting would make for a compelling movie without turning into a generic B-grade SciFi, though, so I can't say I'm all that excited about it.

If they're doing a movie for Joe... there is a ton of explaining to get through. Not sure how they'll get around that...

I'd prefer a CG movie really, especially after seeing how cinematic Halo 2 was.

Back