AMD Ryzen - the hat

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Ok this might be stupid to a lot of you, (ok, probably greater than 99% of you), but I don't really care. It's important to me so I'm posting up about it.

A very nice chap offered to send me a Ryzen cap he got at the latest AMD pre-launch thingy, and I got it the other day and was so excited to open the box and see that glorious Ryzen logo on a hat...and it indeed does look sharp as hell. I like the logo, and it looks damned fine on a hat.

Unfortunately, the hat it's on won't look good on much of anything. It's a mega-trucker snap-back hat that makes me look like Elmer Fudd and my wife won't go out of the house with me wearing it. I know it's a little thing, but it's such an atrociously ugly hat that I just can't get over it. It gives me the first bad vibes about Zen in the last two years, and it honestly worries me. I actually contacted some people over at AMD and asked them to put me in touch with the PR people behind the hat so I can properly educate them on why this was a mistake and how to avoid it in the future.

I really truly can not express my disappointment in words, so I'll let a couple of pictures do the talking and let y'all decide. I can post up more later as I sort of rushed these, but it gives you the idea.

H1AViCC.jpg

It almost looks decent on Mr. Bigglesworth at least, so that's where it's staying to greet everyone who comes by:

9f13dek.jpg

Seriously disappointed with the hat design, it's like the Trump style hat with a Zen logo on it. :s

That's Note, he had decided he wanted to hang around with me for a few hours and when he puts his mind to something there is no stopping him. :)

I saw two cats too!!! :O

URI9Z4N.jpg

Interesting note, neither is the cat from the other pictures. That was Note. Lyric is on the left, he's Note's brother/litter mate, and Serendipity is on the right, and he's technically feral-transitioning-to-a-pampered-family-member and a pretty cool cat. He's only been with us about 3 months, but he's come such a long way it ain't funny. Note and Seren both sleep with my daughter, Lyric has been sleeping downstairs since he wasn't comfortable around Seren...it's really nice to see Lyric and Seren finally getting along. :)

I'm working on making the hat work, it might have just been a bad first impression. I talked to the guy who chose the hat and I couldn't fault his reasoning, he's got a big head and it was the only one that fit him even nearly comfortably. (I can grok that, I got a big head too and hate small hats)

I'm working on reshaping the rim and consulting a snap-back expert, further reports to come.

Ryzenhattwisted.jpg As way of apology for the kitty distractions, the hat undergoing reshaping. Had it this way since yesterday afternoon, the white thing is a heavy duty bit of velcro strap that came with a new recliner my wife just got to sleep in. (There were two of them holding the glide feature from gliding) I figured it'd be a little stronger than rubber bands, since I broke 3 trying to use them... :s

I may try putting a cat in the hat since the hat can do that, while if used for heads instead Elmer Fudd is all you get.

Seriously, I just tried it after bending the band. I look like Elmer Fudd with a bent rim on my hat. :(

Back