The promised highlights:
intro.jpg

complementary.jpg

growth1.jpg

growth2.jpg

synergy.jpg

Transac.jpg

Pictures hosted by xs.to

I'd like a mix between the Graphic and Data centric platforms, please!

AMD/ATI said:
:arrow: Empower our customers to create their own differentiated value propositions in an increasingly commoditized world
:arrow: Advance an open-innovation ecosystem in competitive markets
You have to love the way marketing people find new ways to write 'more choice'.

To me what this hints at is AMD is going to provide a new platform that breaks away from tradional PC mold.

An intresting technology breakthough is Sun Microsystems "Proximity Communication".

Now you take what Charlie from the Inquirer is saying about lots of mini-cores, throw in the manufacturing process of "Proximity Communication", and this merger of AMD and ATI starts making sense for the 2010 time frame and beyond.

Of course programming languages need to evolve and Sun shows an example of that in the new "Fortress" language they're working on. Sun describes it as doing for Fortran what Java did for C. Here is a PDF on a lecture given to Kyoto University in May of 2006.

http://research.sun.com/projects/plrg/JapanLecture2006public.pdf

man, all this has me wanting an AMD-ATI powered console from SEGA, or Matsushita-SEGA, now that would shake things up, especially if PS3 bombs. lol, both are very unlikely, but hey, so was the AMD acquisition of ATI.

Back