Alternative web news site to Warp2Search?

Guden Oden

Legend
This site's going downhill in my opinion. It's always been heavy on the ads, and the s*** they often pull by having the visitors have to click the "read more" link (and get even more ads slapped in their faces) to get to the actual link to the article, is now compounded by nearly full-page size flash popup ads. Not regular popups, because the blocker doesn't even try to catch them.

Besides, the quantity and quality of their news seem to be in a decline anyway...

So, what else's out there? I've been visiting W2S for too long I guess and not bothered to check out any alternatives. I used to frequent voodooextreme, but stopped going there since billy got fired and then he died and VE got sold to IGN anyway so there's that...

Guden Oden said:
This site's going downhill in my opinion. It's always been heavy on the ads, and the s*** they often pull by having the visitors have to click the "read more" link (and get even more ads slapped in their faces) to get to the actual link to the article, is now compounded by nearly full-page size flash popup ads. Not regular popups, because the blocker doesn't even try to catch them.

Besides, the quantity and quality of their news seem to be in a decline anyway...

So, what else's out there? I've been visiting W2S for too long I guess and not bothered to check out any alternatives. I used to frequent voodooextreme, but stopped going there since billy got fired and then he died and VE got sold to IGN anyway so there's that...

Depends on what you want, but I like http://www.shacknews.com . They don't post questionable stuff as W2S does, but they have some nice stuff there.

Guden Oden said:

Not to advertise or anything, but Driverheaven has a very busy front page with constant updates, you may want to try that. And of course the Shack for gaming news.

Back