Activision Blizzard continued issues

The rest of the owners are probably funds and similar entities that does not really want to take any responsibility of actually running the company. They are usually not very good at coordinating between themselves either.
It's amazing how focussed people and fund managers can be if there is a risk of loss of serious money of their investors. Appointing a new CEO is not a big deal, the risk of doing nothing could be considerable.

In an industry awash with sexual misconduct and abuse allegations, even Microsoft and Sony are calling this bullshit. That's when you know you've really screwed the pooch.

It's amazing how focussed people and fund managers can be if there is a risk of loss of serious money of their investors. Appointing a new CEO is not a big deal, the risk of doing nothing could be considerable.

Fund managers are not competent enough to appoint a new CEO for a gaming company. Also, they have to coordinate with other fund managers and that is pretty difficult.

How credible are the allegations, btw?

I've heard mention that the number of allegations against either Kotick, other-employees at Activision-Blizzard and Activision-Blizzard in general are now in the hundreds. Credibility would need to be determined in court, however, I find it difficult to believe that there are that many allegations without at the very least some of them being true.

Regards,
SB

Fund managers are not competent enough to appoint a new CEO for a gaming company. Also, they have to coordinate with other fund managers and that is pretty difficult.
That's nonsense. I am sure there are incompetent fund managers, there are incompetent people in all walks of life, but if you managing millions (or tens of millions) of other people you're either good, can get good or will get fired yourself.

That's nonsense. I am sure there are incompetent fund managers, there are incompetent people in all walks of life, but if you managing millions (or tens of millions) of other people you're either good, can get good or will get fired yourself.

Competent fund manager != competent CEO finder.

Additionally Bobby Kotick has been the CEO since 1991. So there hasn't been a need to even conduct a search for a CEO.

For Activision-Blizzard, the board has basically only been there to invest money into the company and reap the rewards while having a nice title attached to their name. Considering Kotick's ego and how well Activision has done under his leadership, I find it unlikely the board has ever made any meaningful changes WRT Activision-Blizzard that Kotick didn't want to happen anyway.

Regards,
SB

No, these are very different skill sets. When was the last time fund managers appointed a CEO to a large company? Has it every happened?

And this guy faced zero consequences, had zero accountabiity, got handsomely paid and the consequences tickled down to those below him. Disgusting

That is the job description of a CEO for a listed company. Kotick was wildly successful in making money for share holders (himself included).

That is the job description of a CEO for a listed company. Kotick was wildly successful in making money for share holders (himself included).
He wasn't. Others were making the money for him and the negative consequences of his actions were reflected on those below him

He wasn't. Others were making the money for him and the negative consequences of his actions were reflected on those below him
Your assertion is that he sat on his couch all day taking in millions without making any decisions and providing no guidance?

That is what being a CEO is all about. Making other people work for you and exploit their earning potential!

Kotick was very good at that, look how much money CoD made vs Battlefield.

Can he not be a douchebag and good at his job aka making money for shareholders.
It depends on the lens you look through, I bet there are tons of business people that thinks he is great, based on is results.

Of course a lot of douchebags are getting credit they don't deserve

Yeah, every business person and boss is a gready douchebag. Thats not a particularly insightful take. Its the most predictable, vanilla, 18 year old kid kind of opinion. And its so popular because it holds truth. But as with every tired basic belief, its partial and oversimplistic. There should be no pride into sticking strictly to the most over-used cultural tropes.

Back