512 bit memory bus is here :)

Well they sure upped the price over the VPs

Now that 3dlabs has gotten over their obligation to Intergraph to produce overpriced underperforming cards (a la wildcat 4) they can now get on with the business of competing in the market.

I'll be looking forward to reviews of this product with great interest

(my tired old VP760 is still going strong in the meantime though ;) )

Maniac - if all the chips are coming off the same fabrication line its cheaper to disable a part of them by removing a pin on the packaging rather than set up a plant for a custom IC run... BIG cost saver imo (although what do I know? it just sounds reasonable)

wEvil said:
Now that 3dlabs has gotten over their obligation to Intergraph to produce overpriced underperforming cards (a la wildcat 4) they can now get on with the business of competing in the market.

Actually, this is the first of a colloborative design with the former Integraph side. The P20 Raster core was developed via the Egham UK guys, whilst the VSU geometry processor was developed in the States by the Integraph guys.

I was under the impression 3dlabs bought most of the technology from Intergraph which was why they were stuck manufacturing the WC2, 3 and 4 as part of a contractual obligation rather than focusing more on the VPs?

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Back