5 year old girls dancing to Beyonce

draconian

Newcomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dc6u92boyw

Yes, you can probably guess where I got this story from. I can't believe a dance like this was approved by the parents and the dance instructors.

Whether activities like these are harmful or not remains to be seen (I'm in the harmful camp). There may be a connection between early sexualization and early puberty. I read an article a while back that showed that girls were starting puberty earlier than before(compared to the 1960's) and I can't remember if they gave any theories as to why this is.

My theory is it has to do with girls exposure to sexualization in the modern media. The brain/mind is still an unknown thing. The pituitary gland, the master gland that initiates sexual maturation and growth is located deep in the brain, it wouldn't surprise me if this media exposure hastened the release of sexual hormones earlier.

The final question is, is early sexual maturation harmful? I think it is because it seems unnatural. But that's just my gut instinct. Maybe there is no real harm being done.

Considering the amount of adults involved in something like that, not just the parents, and none of them think that could be a bad idea?

There was another thread like this recently with a kids birthday party and the dancing was far worse than this even.

draconian, their parents are probably idiots and they're trying to make sure their kids become idiots too.

This is what happens in societies that let anybody vote and breed, very little you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dc6u92boyw

Yes, you can probably guess where I got this story from. I can't believe a dance like this was approved by the parents and the dance instructors.

In and of itself it is harmless to the kids. As long as no pedophiles are watching, then not a big issue. Or else you could have wondered if as a kid it would have been harmful for me to put on a dress and make-up for instance (while the opposite is generally true). Real damage is only done during early puberty.

Whether activities like these are harmful or not remains to be seen (I'm in the harmful camp). There may be a connection between early sexualization and early puberty. I read an article a while back that showed that girls were starting puberty earlier than before(compared to the 1960's) and I can't remember if they gave any theories as to why this is.

Girls and boys are mostly equal in terms of gender right up to about 11. That's when the gender part of the brain starts developing significantly.

Currently, sadly, most incidents of girls starting puberty way too early have almost all been traced back to being exposed to ridiculuosly high levels of growth hormone in cattle meat.

My theory is it has to do with girls exposure to sexualization in the modern media. The brain/mind is still an unknown thing.

These days increasingly less unknown though! Huge steps are constantly made and soon enough there will be very little mystery left. I'll give it 20 years max before we know just about everything.

The pituitary gland, the master gland that initiates sexual maturation and growth is located deep in the brain, it wouldn't surprise me if this media exposure hastened the release of sexual hormones earlier.

In a sense, I think that compared to the old days, young kids have never been exposed to as little actual sex as they have in the last few hundred years!

The final question is, is early sexual maturation harmful? I think it is because it seems unnatural. But that's just my gut instinct. Maybe there is no real harm being done.

I think the biggest risks of early sexual maturation are:
- sex-ed coming to late if parents and/or teachers don't pay attention, or are culturally 'underdeveloped' (i.e. dumb enough to believe that kids shouldn't be told, because sex is a dirty thing you don't talk about)
- which is related to: there is both a bigger risk in exposure to older kids or adults who may take advantage before a kid is emotionally ready
- and related to: being ready for sexual activity before you are mentally prepared to deal with it. Again, parents will need to help out here (simple message: solo-sex will and should do for a while - note that many kids start doing this even before they are sexually mature physically anyway, especially girls)

Holy shit they're pretty good.

I like this comment I saw:
I'm thinking the mothers of these girls are single ladies. Because no father would let their young daughters do this.

This is foremost a dance routine taking place at one of the biggest national dance events in the states; World of Dance. With that in mind, any kind of costume that isn't nudity is fair game. The kind of people who would watch this are the ones who are there to appreciate a performance based more on its choreo than anything else. Is it acceptable in this environment? I think so, but I can see why parents would be concerned.

Is it harmful? I highly doubt it. If this is WoD in Cali, the dance scene is huge there. They're pretty good, too, which makes me believe that they're dedicated to their passion more than anything else.

I can't even watch that shit, it's so inappropriate I'm amazed anyone involved with that even considered teaching little kiddies like that such a dance.

And I don't mean from a stodgy puritanistic standpoint, heck, I was taught the whole bees+flowers thing in daycare when I was like 5-6 years old (it was the 70s; things were less complicated back then); I'm as liberal as they come when it comes to stuff like this. Well, almost anyway, I'm not in favor of legalizing prostitution or bigamy.

...But SURELY, someone should have reacted and put a stop to that? Ugh. Why not let the girls give the men of the audience lapdances too while they're at it, it's already practically on that level!

Back