4GB DDR 2 Kits (Recomendations)

Been very active with questions lately. Apologise.

Looking for a good value 4 GB kit. I came across the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5:
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-PC2-6...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246407983&sr=1-1

Yet, there are some reviews that referenced a high defect rate. Since im buying outside U.S. cant risk that. This is because resending the memory back to the retailer will cost more than the memory itself.

Any input on this product or an alternative recommendation.

Thanks for your patience.

Anything less than DDR2 8000/8500 is a waste of money. There's virtually no price difference from 6400 up to 8000/8500 so you might as well go for the higher speed RAM. Anything from this page oughtta do the trick.

The $55 OCZ sticks have slightly lower timings than the $51 sticks which makes them a small amount faster.

The $55 OCZ sticks have slightly lower timings than the $51 sticks which makes them a small amount faster.
I see. So the 55 OCZ it is. Thanks.

Why are you shopping for memory at Amazon? Their memory prices SUCK! :oops:

Newegg will blow them away on it! You could get the Corsair Dominator PC8500 kit for less, and it's f-ing nice!
[/I]
:) Well Newegg doesn't like my IP, so sadly i can't enjoy their services. Well there are some deals here and there on newegg, but recently the prices are quiet competitive in amazon.

Also. Isn't this the same memory?:
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-DOMIN...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246493644&sr=8-1

Yup, same stuff...but Newegg has a $10 rebate offer taking it down to $36. (Although I don't count rebates as I don't trust 'em.)

BTW - DOH! I thought you were looking at 2Gb kits, my bad. :oops:

I would recommend Mushkin XP8500 or similar models from Redline series. I got myself four sticks of Redline XP8000 and the hit their 5-5-5-12 speed with no errors at 2.0v in prolonged DOS memory tests. However I run them at 5-5-5-15 as I think 12 is unecessary when it is 5-5-5 right?

ADMISSION: I'm a rampant shopper of both places and love both stores, but for memory/HDD and some other tech bit Newegg is vastly superior. (Oddly enough, Amazon has better mouse deals. :???: )

Well for some people like myself buying from Newegg isn't very attractive because we have to pay sales tax.

Back