3DMark05 Patch out

I get exactly the same score on my X800 with patch....... 807 drivers

BUT.... my score on my 6800 did change!!!!!! using the 66.70 drivers......

it went up 6 pts! ;)

I think the bug they were talking about was on that put a 5200 at the top of the '05 ORB.

DaveBaumann said:
I think the bug they were talking about was on that put a 5200 at the top of the '05 ORB.
OMG, it wasn't a Jetway 5200, was it?

Sorry, Anandtech "inside" joke. =)

People were using 3danalyze and changing device IDS ect, There was a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 on the orb ect,

People were also causing 3dmark to render garbage, Yet these results were still being uploaded. Doesnt surprise me this got fixed so quickly ;)

ChrisRay said:
People were using 3danalyze and changing device IDS ect, There was a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 on the orb ect,

People were also causing 3dmark to render garbage, Yet these results were still being uploaded. Doesnt surprise me this got fixed so quickly ;)

Was the geforce 4 actually able to run it and at least look somewhat normal?

Fox5 said:
ChrisRay said:

I think what was meant is that people had, say, an NV40 and were tricking 3DMark05 into thinking it was a GeForce 4.

GeForce 4 won't run any of the game tests that I am aware of.

OpenGL guy said:
Fox5 said:
ChrisRay said:

I think what was meant is that people had, say, an NV40 and were tricking 3DMark05 into thinking it was a GeForce 4.

Yes thats what I meant, Its pretty easy to alter Device ID with 3danalyze, I have done it on several occasions when I run into compatibility issues.

The "exploit to inflate results" had nothing to do with any specific IHV or card. It was a exploit for all cards from any IHV.

OpenGL guy said:
Fox5 said:
ChrisRay said:

It will run the tests and produce a score if you use 3DAnalyze to "emulate shader caps". It won't render much, for obvious reasons, so it will score very high. Of course that's absolutely pointless, but I've seen people do it ...

Back