3D Mark 03 out!!!!

3DMark.jpg

Hehe, I tried it on my laptop. What do you think about the score?

Presario 2810T
P4 1.7
512 MB DDR RAM
Radeon 9000(Catalyst 3.0)
DX9
WinXP

Edit: crap, don't know why geocities won't display the image....
http://www.geocities.com/tenchir/3DMark.jpg

It won't let me install it. It needs 1 GB of free disk space, right? I've got 1.19 GB free on my E: drive, and it won't let me install it there. It also doesn't report how much free space it thinks I have, nor does it say exactly how much it needs (or how much more I have to free up). I hope it's not one of those poorly made installer programs that checks for free space on your C: drive regardless of what drive you try to install it to. Can anyone tell me how much space the directory takes up? Thanks.

*sigh*

You'd think in this day and age people could create working installation programs.

Hrm, I got 5577, no individual scores, and I can't submit the score because the server is down. I can save the score, and if I decided to register it I can upload them then. Doh!

Himself said:
Hrm, I got 5577, no individual scores, and I can't submit the score because the server is down. I can save the score, and if I decided to register it I can upload them then. Doh!

What's your config?

McElvis said:
Himself said:

What's your config?

Athlon XP 2.2GHz, 210 FSB, 9700 @ 400/370, win98se.

Crusher said:
It won't let me install it. It needs 1 GB of free disk space, right? I've got 1.19 GB free on my E: drive, and it won't let me install it there. It also doesn't report how much free space it thinks I have, nor does it say exactly how much it needs (or how much more I have to free up). I hope it's not one of those poorly made installer programs that checks for free space on your C: drive regardless of what drive you try to install it to. Can anyone tell me how much space the directory takes up? Thanks.
You may have a corrupted download.

I downloaded from one mirror at ~50 KB/s, the download broke at about 140 MB and I resumed from another mirror (without checking the rollback).

When the resume completed, the install program ran and appeared to run correctly until attempting to continue past the installation point selection, where it gave an out of space error. (2.4 GB free on the installation drive)

Re-downloaded the program from another server, installed without any problems? I'm not sure I would suggest this unless your download did break. I can post an md5sum of the file if you'd like.

Download never broke, got 73kbps the whole time. I don't have an MD5 sum generator on this pc, how about just the file size from the properties?

Oh boy, is this were everyone we see people flip flopping from "3dmark shouldn't be used becuase it's not a good representation of a game" to " damn that Nvidia, they are just saying that because they are loosing" Or actig like 3dmark actually means something all of a sudden?

Same size here, should be working. I wish it would give a little more feedback on what the problem is, so I could at least tell it was checking the right drive. :?

Well, my guess is that the nvidia fans will say the old 3dmark tested right, and that the new 3dmark is testing wrong (assuming that the FX is slower). The ATI fans will be the opposite. It kinda makes sense doesn't it? I mean, of course people like what shows their preference in the best light. It's kinda silly honestly.

In some ways I can see how nvidia would be upset if they really think the test is unfair mainly because so many people place so much trust in the number that it spits back. Otoh though, they seem pretty quick to dismiss it. How long have they been unhappy with it? Have they been in contact with futuremark and voiced their concerns? How could they make it more fair to nvidia?

Nite_Hawk

Hi Crusher,
Crusher said:
Had the same problem here--I like to keep my system partition as small as possible, re-routing the temp directories to my data partition and all. 3DMark03 only installed after I cleared enough off C:\ to reach 450MB of free space.

ta,
-Sascha.rb

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the information, guess I won't be installing it until they fix their installer program.

Anyone else having serious slowdowns when benching with FSAA+Aniso?
It's like 6fps w/ vs. 60fps w/o and 1700 vs. 4400 marks :?

yEAH everybody knows my current situation with my MX440... :D

Damn i feel for a uppgrade in the next 3-6 months and getting the BARTON Cpu!

This Will increase my 3d perf with what 4*,5*....

Back