rainz

Veteran
Hi,
I need somes advices !

[ ... ] = Current setting
( ... ) = The choices i have

Graphics Configuration
===============
Graphics Aperture Size: [64mb] (4/8/16/32/64/128/256) What the hell is that ?

Does it have any links with the memory on my video card or the memory of my system or ? and should i boost that ?

HyperTransport Configuration
===================
- HT Tristate [Enabled]
- CRC Flood Enable [Disabled]
- HT Frenquency [800 MHz] ?????
- HT DATA Width (Upstream) [16 BIT]
- HT DATA Width (Downstream) [16 BIT]

The others options are ok ? and do i have to synchronize the speed of the HT with the speed of my FSB ? or it doesnt matter at all ?
my FSB= 400 MHz

Memory Configuration
==============
- Memclock Mode: [Limit] *** (Auto / Limit)
- Memclock to CPU Ratio: [2:1 (DDR 400)] *** (266/333/400)
- CAS Latency (CL): [Auto] *** (2.0 / 2.5 / 3.0)
- TRC: [Auto] *** (7-13 CLK)
- TRFC: [Auto] *** (9-15 CLK)
- TRCD: [Auto] *** (2-6 CLK)
- TWR: [Auto] *** (2-3 CLK)
- TRWT: [Auto] *** (1-6 CLK)
- TRAS: [Auto] *** (5-15 CLK)
- TRP: [Auto] *** (2-6 CLK)
- DDR Clock Delay: [Auto] *** (1-8 CLK)

For the Mem speed it's ok but for the others options i have no idea so i should set my mem to 400mhz and let all the other things to Auto ?

Thx for the help
RainZ

rainz said:
===================
- HT Tristate [Enabled]

The others options are ok ? and do i have to synchronize the speed of the HT with the speed of my FSB ? or it doesnt matter at all ?
my FSB= 400 MHz

Don't worry, Hypertransport runs at its own speed. 16-bit up and down at 800 Mhz is completely typical (for chipsets other than Nvidia that is).

Memory Configuration
==============
- Memory CLK: 400 MHz
- CAS Latency: 2.5
- TRCD: 3
- TRAS: 6
- TRP: 3

For the speed it's ok but for the others options i have no idea

Thx for the help
RainZ

Just set your memory timings to auto. If those are the timings it comes up with then it is fine. If you're sure your memory can do better (and many DIMMs do, but you'd have paid extra for it so you'd know) you can try manual timings, but there isn't much improvement to be found and it could easily hurt stability.

rainz said:
===================
- HT Tristate [Enabled]

my FSB= 400 MHz

the fsb is actually a little different than conventional cpu's due to the mem controller being on die but with this gen of HT you are not going to get more than the 800mhz clock... upstream and downstream are fine too... basicallly all these settings are fine and leave them as such...

if you have another option such as turbo (mine does... boosts agp performance only it seems... clocks running higher automatically though I doubt thats entirely safe... ) you can either turn it on or off depending on how much your gfx card can take (it boosts my clocks by 20mhz core/mem)

as florin said the HT will run @ its own speed...

Memory Configuration
==============
- Memory CLK: 400 MHz
- CAS Latency: 2.5
- TRCD: 3
- TRAS: 6
- TRP: 3

For the speed it's ok but for the others options i have no idea

Thx for the help
RainZ

florin has covered this already :)

auto is the best setting probably because a64's as far as I have seen are quite finicky about mem and timings... I am currently running my mem @ 2-3-3-6 and have no probs that I can see...

ideally run it @ default and perhaps tweak settings around some to the the timings your memory supports and check system stability... if it is stable... leave it @ those settings else go back to auto settings...

You won't really see much of a speed boost from changing your AGP aperture. All it does is tell the bios how much memory the videocard can use, if it needs it. Basically "Videocard, you can use this particular 256MB block if you need it, nothing else." It's virtual addressing, not actual "physical" reservation. Florin and Sazar covered everything else. :)

Back