Halo2 has passed the 5 million mark...

Halo 2 passerar fem miljoner-strecket

På mindre än en månad har Halo 2 etablerat sig som ett globalt fenomen med mer än fem miljoner sålda spel världen över.

Förväntningarna var stora när Halo 2 lanserades i början av november. Att spelet är uppskattat märks inte bara i försäljningssiffrorna utan även på Xbox Live. Enligt mätningar på Xbox Live har dess medlemmar spelat Halo 2 i totalt 28 miljoner timmar, vilket är mer än något annat Xbox Live-spel. Den genomsnittliga Halo 2-spelaren på Xbox Live är uppkopplad i 91 minuter per tillfälle, ungefär lika lång tid som det tar att titta på en biofilm. Av Xbox Live dryga en miljon medlemmar har Halo 2 redan lockat 900 000 unika besökare.

Source:
Microsoft press.
(I am working as an MS-rep here in Sweden, I got this as an email today. So bear with me, have patience because this will show up on several sites during the day. I saw that some people over at GA_forums kinda "questioned" the source and that is understandable.. but I cannot "link" to a mail and I have already copied the most important stuff. So patience.. :)
---------

It basically says that Halo2 has sold more than 5 million in "less" than a month and that XboxLive members has spent 28 million hours playing it, making it the most played game over xboxlive. The average XBL session is 91 min, equivalent of a movie. Halo2 has also attracted 900 000 more unique XboxLive accounts...

ASTOUNDING!!!
CRAZY!!
OUT OF THIS WORLD UNBELIVEABLE!!

Edit:
As I said.. now CVG is reporting it..
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

Yep, I became of the the 5 mil over the weekend... haven't given it much time tho, but thats just me. :)

I've been playing through Halo 2 the last few days and I'm enjoying the ride. The production quality eyecandy and music wise in particular is just great.

But yesterday I made the mistake of buying Half Life 2 and well what can I say, completing Halo 2 is going on the backburner for a bit.. ;)

wazoo said:
Evil_Cloud said:
I think Halo 2 is the only game really pushing the Xbox Live service... ;)

Yes, Xbox Live will have 5M subscribers, at least for the next 2 months. :D

It's now +1 million, but I don't expect that number to rise drastically... 1,5 million to 2 million... perhaps.

well it was already over 1 million and they just said it has attracted 900,000 new xbox live accounts. That would be a dramatic increase.

Qroach said:
well it was already over 1 million and they just said it has attracted 900,000 new xbox live accounts. That would be a dramatic increase.

Oh, I understood 900.000 unique players on Xbox Live, playing Halo 2... Sorry.

Is this a verified number?? My goodness. Bungie couldn't make so much money for MS if they were simply printing it...

Closing in on 18 million or so. About 1/3 of Xbox owners will probably buy Halo 2. It'll start slowing down now I imagine, but it won't surprise me if it hits 7-8 million eventually.

Johnny Awesome said:
Closing in on 18 million or so. About 1/3 of Xbox owners will probably buy Halo 2. It'll start slowing down now I imagine, but it won't surprise me if it hits 7-8 million eventually.

MS plans to sell 20M by june next year.

Evil_Cloud said:
Qroach said:

Oh, I understood 900.000 unique players on Xbox Live, playing Halo 2... Sorry.
Nope, you're correct. It says it almost verbatim in the english PR.

Out of a universe of more than one million Xbox Live members,
Halo 2 on Xbox Live has already attracted more than 900,000 unique users.

Microsoft themselves said they only expect 1.5M Live users by June 2005, though obviosly I think Xbox has turned around and is now surpassing expectations. I'd expect more than 1.5M Live users by next June most likely and I expect Microsoft will also surpass their expectation of 20 million consoles shipped too.

wazoo said:
Johnny Awesome said:

that has got to be after price drops no ?

I have a box now (late birthday gift from my old roomate) and i don't plan on buying it till its cheap haha

not bad... I'm quite impressed by Halo 2 hitting 5 million. Didn't think it would sell that good... was more expecting like Halo1 figures (2 million?)...

Phil said:
not bad... I'm quite impressed by Halo 2 hitting 5 million. Didn't think it would sell that good... was more expecting like Halo1 figures (2 million?)...

Halo1 has sold more. We are talking about worldwide sales and most likely shipped (whixh should not make a big difference). What is amazing is the sales rate. It is selling as fast as OOT in its time.

jvd said:
wazoo said:
Johnny Awesome said:

that has got to be after price drops no ?

I have a box now (late birthday gift from my old roomate) and i don't plan on buying it till its cheap haha

Wait, so you have a X-Box but you're going to wait for Halo 2 to drop in price?

Aren't you the person that won some money on the lottery and spent like a $1000 on strippers?

I think halo sold ~4 million. I think whats helping is that with halo, people only played for the LAN, but since it's on live, everyone buys it instead of just 1 our of 4, at least thats how it is with my friends.

Brimstone said:
Aren't you the person that won some money on the lottery and spent like a $1000 on strippers?

What makes you think there's money left to spend? ;)

Back