Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why you're dead set on he's having an agend

And what might that be? People called it, klee had it coming either a self destruct or a mod-ban. If he would have had real specs and info instead of lies, he wouldnt ban himself after specs had leaked, close to getting official. He was selling dreams nothing more.

He could have stayed under the radar untill official specs, proving him right, which is not far away. Self banning is the last thing someone should do when you have been telling the truth all along for so long, then chicken out the last minute? Ppl will just forget him after a while. The 8/9TF pill will be hard to swallow for some but klee is long gone by then.

Last edited:
Indeed. If Klee was speaking the truth, why wouldn't he stick around for the vindication? His behaviour is that of a troll, not an insider.

In special this close to things are going to be official. He has had critiqe since the beginning yet now it got too much :S

I always wondered why he was even mentioned on a forum like b3d. Klee had a friend who handed him specs of both consoles. My god ppl must be desperate.

Indeed. If Klee was speaking the truth, why wouldn't he stick around for the vindication? His behaviour is that of a troll, not an insider.
Wasn't the justification given that he was tired of being spammed by PM for additional info, insults, teasing, etc?

Wouldn't you do the same in a similar situation, even if you had the right info?

I disagree. This is not impossible in 2020 If they had planned (gambled even) from the start on 7nm EUV since the first roadmaps from AMD / TSMC.

Like the way they planned early on, some would even say gambled, on GDDR5 in the previous gen.

But yes at this point they are either releasing a 8tf (not 9tf) machine at 7nm or a >10tf machine at 7nm+. They won't overclock a 7nm DUV APU at 2ghz. That's not happening.

I am not saying it is impossible but it is very big gamble, much more than 8 GB GDDR5. It means risking to launch later.

I know Klee a little better and for example he shows me private message of insults he received it could not bear it and I can uderstand why he decided to go from the site. I have seen some racist comment because he is black and it is a shame been black myself. He was much more credible than other insider out of Jason Schreier, the mod Mat with working in videogames industry or Andrew Reiner. He gaves his real identity. All this people say the two consoles are very similar in terms of power but they did not say which one is more powerful out of Reiner but it was in June and things change.

Same for Andrew Reiner he would have leak more things if he did not receive insult. After things change and maybe his informations are outdated like Klee .

And many cowards for not being ban use off site insult. This is shameful this is fucking piece of plastic you paid of if at least it was free.

Last edited:
He could have disabled pm’s from users.

Same things he see message in the thread about people talking of him off site and he is sensible. This is like this. I can bear more things but why being upset better not come back, he will probably come back after PS5 reveal. You can come back from a self ban.

EDIT: And he said too than the power is so close it will be easy for MS to close the gap.

I am not saying it is impossible but it is very big gamble, much more than 8 GB GDDR5. It means risking to launch later.
Well, they apparently are still testing their chip (E0 stepping), so yes, they appear to be quite late this time. On the other hand XSX final chip is already finalized and being produced.
He could have disabled pm’s from users.
Well, he did try to stop coming to resetera before the VGA but apparently he couldn't resist coming back and posting things he should not have like:"I have PS5 and XSX specs". He said he was afraid of saying too much and he didn't want to betray his friend's trust.

It's not unusual people auto-banning themselves from the likes of neogaf or resetera forums because they are addicted to those forums and they can't resist coming back. Those are not all trolls as suggested by @Shifty Geezer.

Last edited:
Klee seemed to me like compulsive liar or just an attention whore. He didn't break a single thing, he was probably most vague of all insiders there. Believing Klee is to lack critical thinking.

Things I have heard that "prove" Klee has inside info...

Klee was the one that said both consoles are >10TF
No, no he wasn't. Half a year earlier it was Jason from Kotaku who said information he got is both MS and Sony are shooting above Stadia's 10.7TF. Klee ran with it.

Klee said XSX is 12TF RDNA
This one is funny for two things actually... 1st, because back in August he wrote this...

Kleegamefan :

I'm just saying compared to GCN, the RDNA architecture is much more efficient per clock but the downside is it yields lower TF numbers.

People will inevitably look at the final numbers and say "well it's not THAT much better than an Xbox One X" and I'm saying that is the wrong way to look at the TF numbers.

...2nd, because he said 12TF AFTER TGA and after Tom Warren confirmed on Resetera that its actually 12TF RDNA.

Klee was wrong about Lockhart, but so were MS insiders
MS insiders are feed all types of rumors from MS camp, and they might have been purposely mislead. Fact is, they were first to report of Lockhart existance, first one to report its cancelled and first one to report its back. What Klee has done is just ran with "Lockhart does not exist" until MS insiders actually said "Its still coming actually".

As cherry on top, after TGA someone asked hmgqq (alleged MS insider, I believe he knows nothing) if Dante dev kit matches with Anaconda specs that have been floating even at B3D. Basically, 64CUs/1450MHz. He said "Yes", to which Klee replied "bingo".

Thing is, they don't match. From leaked Github document we know its actually 56CUs that are active, and we also know that no one sane would run Navi chip at 1450MHz when that is good ~300MHz under Navi 1.0 sweetspot. That would be essentially a waste of silicon, which we understand here, but some of these insiders and people who are looking to feed their bias don't.

Fact of a matter is, Klee went missing when Github documents leaked. They were by far best info we have on next gen consoles. They might be old, might be incomplete, but they are legit, and he knew it. So, once this surfaced he went missing. Said he is in Alaska working night shifts, but he was there on forum every day, just not replying. In the end, before his ban request, he said "I am verified, but my information is not", which tells you all you need to know really.

He was a guy working in industry back in 90's and most likely wanted to get back into it with his YT thing, and if his vague predictions were to materialize, he would have headstart as "legit insider" from Resetera. They didn't pan out, now we are waiting if "February PS meeting" will happen. History says, even if you have 0 insider info, its a very good chance it will happen. Why? Because if console gets out in October or November, that means meeting cannot be in these two months, nor it can be in December. So we are left with 9 months out of 12. January? Nope, too fast. Months after E3? No chance, its too close to release and what would they actually do at E3 if not show PS5? That leaves Feb/March/April/May. May is too close to E3, so that leaves us with 3 months...Since PS4 conference was in February, I would say Klee took his chances as there is probably >50% chance its actually February.

If its not February, its another missed prediction from him...If it is February, people will say "Klee was right!" without even thinking about it.

This thread needs moar pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/bEPknH3N

"
PS5 Latest Proposed Core Specification - 06/01/2020 (base model, not PS5 Pro)

APU:
Zen2 semi-custom 7nm CPU with 8 cores/16 threads @ 3.50GHz.
RDNA2 semi-custom 7nm GPU with 40 CU's @ 2.0GHz (up to 10.25 Tflops peak).
Double rate fp16, variable rate shading, integrated geometry culling via GPU.
Hardware ray tracing accelerator (contained within APU die) for shadows, reflections, global illumination & particles.

Memory:
16GB GDDR6 (video) and additional 4GB DDR4 (system) linked to a RISC storage processor.
At least 512 GB/s bandwidth via 256-bit memory interface (GDDR6 video memory modules).

Storage:
1TB semi-custom NVMe SSD with 1TB 7,200 RPM HDD. Both drives are managed 'together' by the RISC storage processor.

Availability:
Launching on November 20th, 2020 @ $399 (USD) with one controller and one first party game. Various game bundles tbc
Yes.
Really plausible

Turing was officially announced in Aug. 2018. From Wikipedia.
Yeah I just posted that info here:

DXR was first announced in March 2018, it was immediately supported on Volta (which was released in May 2017), with announced support for later architectures, which turned out to be Turing (just an upgraded Volta + RT cores), Turing got released a few months later in August 2018. Things don't happen this quickly unless NVIDIA has laid the groundwork for hardware RT before DXR, especially as AMD is completely absent from that picture, didn't even come up with an official hardware RT solution to this day, meaning they probably started working on RT during the time of DXR formulation, not before it.

But nothing indicates that NV decided to do hardware RT before MS decided to do DXR or vice versa.
Actually everything points to that, again as explained above and here:

Yeah, they practically got 4 DX12 features early, however these features were also ahead of their DX12 integration, meaning NVIDIA was probably independently developing them already.

They had AI hardware acceleration through Tensor cores on CUDA, which got integrated later into DirectML (which is still in it's beta phase).
They had Mesh Shaders on Turing on a separate DX12/Vulkan proprietary extension, which is still currently being integrated into DX12.
They even had Variable Rate Shading (VRS) on Turing since day one, through a separate Vulkan proprietary extension, DX12 began integrating the feature some 8 months after Turing announcement.

The last one and the big one is Ray Tracing, can you spot the pattern? I am postulating NVIDIA had RT acceleration even before DXR, at least in the same way they had AI acceleration before DirectML.
Likewise, AMD has been toying around with RT for years
Yes of course, again that's not the point, the point is who was in the process of achieving a working real life concept before DXR, AMD was of course toying with RT, but they achieved little, not as much as achieved by NVIDIA, hey didn't even post a working fallback layer to this day, nor demoed any Real Time RT demo on any AMD GPU, nor integrated partial RT in any effect, .. etc.

The fact remains that the biggest issue with RTX is its huge dies and limited increase in rasterization performance.
RT cores occupy a very small area, the dies are large because of the separation on INT and FP units, and because of Tensor cores.

But there is nothing that says that AMD hasn’t been in the lab working hard on their RT solution.
Of course they have been in the labs, working on their solution, nobody doubts that, however they were also years behind in achieving and accomplishing that solution, which what counts in the end.

Anyways let's not derail the thread any fruther, we are trying to discuss whether Sony has custom RT solution or not, let's get back to that point when new information arises.

Same things he see message in the thread about people talking of him off site and he is sensible. This is like this. I can bear more things but why being upset better not come back, he will probably come back after PS5 reveal. You can come back from a self ban.

EDIT: And he said too than the power is so close it will be easy for MS to close the gap.
There is no gap to close. If they got detailed specs, like in PS360 time, there is no coming back from the deficit. With last gen they got less info with target specs first, because consoles were more off shelf then ever before and tools just got so much better that you do not need entire technical documentation 2 years before release.

With Pro and X full specs went really, really late. I also believe Tom Warren back in Dec when he said "Very few actually have Xbox dev kit". Which makes sense, we had reports of big silver towers and 13TF Sony dev kits as early as this year, and we know they sent bunch of "V" style dev kits to studios on summer. We haven't heard about the same from MS...

Klee seemed to me like compulsive liar or just an attention whore. He didn't break a single thing, he was probably most vague of all insiders there. Believing Klee is to lack critical thinking.

Things I have heard that "prove" Klee has inside info...

No, no he wasn't. Half a year earlier it was Jason from Kotaku who said information he got is both MS and Sony are shooting above Stadia's 10.7TF. Klee ran with it.

This one is funny for two things actually... 1st, because back in August he wrote this...

...2nd, because he said 12TF AFTER TGA and after Tom Warren confirmed on Resetera that its actually 12TF RDNA.

MS insiders are feed all types of rumors from MS camp, and they might have been purposely mislead. Fact is, they were first to report of Lockhart existance, first one to report its cancelled and first one to report its back. What Klee has done is just ran with "Lockhart does not exist" until MS insiders actually said "Its still coming actually".

As cherry on top, after TGA someone asked hmgqq (alleged MS insider, I believe he knows nothing) if Dante dev kit matches with Anaconda specs that have been floating even at B3D. Basically, 64CUs/1450MHz. He said "Yes", to which Klee replied "bingo".

Thing is, they don't match. From leaked Github document we know its actually 56CUs that are active, and we also know that no one sane would run Navi chip at 1450MHz when that is good ~300MHz under Navi 1.0 sweetspot. That would be essentially a waste of silicon, which we understand here, but some of these insiders and people who are looking to feed their bias don't.

Fact of a matter is, Klee went missing when Github documents leaked. They were by far best info we have on next gen consoles. They might be old, might be incomplete, but they are legit, and he knew it. So, once this surfaced he went missing. Said he is in Alaska working night shifts, but he was there on forum every day, just not replying. In the end, before his ban request, he said "I am verified, but my information is not", which tells you all you need to know really.

He was a guy working in industry back in 90's and most likely wanted to get back into it with his YT thing, and if his vague predictions were to materialize, he would have headstart as "legit insider" from Resetera. They didn't pan out, now we are waiting if "February PS meeting" will happen. History says, even if you have 0 insider info, its a very good chance it will happen. Why? Because if console gets out in October or November, that means meeting cannot be in these two months, nor it can be in December. So we are left with 9 months out of 12. January? Nope, too fast. Months after E3? No chance, its too close to release and what would they actually do at E3 if not show PS5? That leaves Feb/March/April/May. May is too close to E3, so that leaves us with 3 months...Since PS4 conference was in February, I would say Klee took his chances as there is probably >50% chance its actually February.

If its not February, its another missed prediction from him...If it is February, people will say "Klee was right!" without even thinking about it.

He was the first to say clearly the two are above 10 Tflop RDNA, when He begins to talk it was because people were doubting Andrew Reiner and funny things they worked together. His first message was defending Andrew Reiner nothing more. He comes saying the github leak information aren't up to date and Matt era mod too said the information are outdated. ;)

He is not the only one to said the two consoles have nearly the same power

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...eux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm

Basically we have spec sheet since january 2019 for Xbox. After things change and I think PS5 is less powerful than Xbox.

In the end, before his ban request, he said "I am verified, but my information is not", which tells you all you need to know really.

He gave people what they wanted to have, had he daid real specs of 8 to 9TF, everyone would have attacked him, even mods. MS could do it, with a premium and lower model.If that will be 12TF it is.

He is not the only one to said the two consoles have nearly the same power

Lemme guess, another journalist? If so, why is he even mentioned here, on a technical forum?

He gave people what they wanted to have, had he daid real specs of 8 to 9TF, everyone would have attacked him, even mods. MS could do it, with a premium and lower model.If that will be 12TF it is.

Lemme guess, another journalist? If so, why is he even mentioned here, on a technical forum?

Because it is credible source like Jason Schreier. This is people with legit source not random forumer. And no one out of Klee and Andrew Reiner in June 2019 said the PS5 is more powerful. All the other said the power is nearly the same not the Ps5 is more powerful and Jason Comes after the github leak or the TGA and said to someone suggesting he said PS5 is more powerful, he said I never said that.

After they are journalists maybe 10.8 and 12.19 is nearly as powerful for them and imo it is not a tiny gap.

EDIT: Imo the PS5 is less powerful by 0.1 or 3 Tflops I have no idea but less powerful.

That tweet is from before the XSX 'spec reveal'. All he said was they are close in power, that can mean anything, 9 to 12 can be seen as rather close, as it is even closer then One S and PS4. No numbers, no info. All i can say.

9 to 12 is not so far from Ps5 and Xbox One difference. Far from it we would hear things from dev saying one is much more powerful than the other for example. Like it was the case after PS4 reveal.

Immediatly after GDC 2013 we begins to have rumor about the PS4 being more powerful in a meaningful way.

9 to 12 is not so far from Ps5 and Xbox One difference. Far from it we would hear things from dev saying one is much more powerful than the other for example. Like it was the case after PS4 reveal.

Immediatly after GDC 2013 we begins to have rumor about the PS4 being more powerful in a meaningful way.
Really ? I only remember Carmack saing that ps4 and x one are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back