Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess but wouldn’t it be extremely expensive to test and fab on a throw-away apu that’s the wrong architecture and node when you could just test on pc parts instead? Seems like it would be easier to get the OS running on a pc dev kit than build a test apu that would go to waste.

Just a guess but wouldn’t it be extremely expensive to test and fab on a throw-away apu that’s the wrong architecture and node when you could just test on pc parts instead? Seems like it would be easier to get the OS running on a pc dev kit than build a test apu that would go to waste.

I don't agree. How else are we going from 9.2TF to 14TF then?

Maybe the target is still the same “13 tf” While the most recent devkit sits at 9.2tf? They’re just waiting for the big Navi chip aka rdna2 to be ready.
If that’s not the case then all hope is lost for ps5 going double digit TFs

9.2 TF PS5 is pretty damn disappointing, I guess it's a $399 console then. Damn casuals ruining my dream again. If that turns out to be true then it's XsX day one, either waiting for more exclusives available on PS5 or PS5 Pro.
Without casuals there is no sustainable console market.
You could still enjoy gaming on mobile platforms of course.

"There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware, which I believe is the statement that people were looking for."
-- Mark Cerny, ps5 architect

Imo fixed function RT accelerators on the APU outside of the GPU.

Not hybrid RT then.

Or the simplest answer is Navi 10 with features backported from RDNA 2.

This was a rumor before.
On the TF, said that before here somewhere, xsx 2x one x, ps5 2x 4Pro, 8/9TF. Sony could also go for a more practical console design (smaller), and not a 2 sku launch.
A 5700XT is more powerfull then, NV could be talking about PS5 vs 2080.
MS with vrs etc, seems sony has a lesser console in hw terms.

Sony is logically chasing casuals, which 99% of their ps4 market is. Hardcore gamers and TF hungry people, or esports can opt for pc, and xsx to a lesser extend. Casuals ps5 and lockhart.

What ? Esport on PC, yes. But xbox being more hardcore gamers than ps ? Maybe you're right, but from what I see, PS owners are more into "niche" gaming than xbox one's. Like, xbox owners are into fifa&gears , vs all the sony exclusives games.

I'd be extremely surprised if Xbox is not more powerful than PS5. Being the most powerful and gamepass are the biggest arguments one would have to switch sides. Sony will try to be price competitive while having a good enough box and then let their first party do wonders with it (GoT and DS are running on a 4TF console?¡¡). I think they are more interested in keeping those 40 million PS Plus subscribers than on having a 599€ console again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back