Direct3D feature levels discussion

Didn't see any particular changes with last driver and AMD and intel GPUs, but finally, hybrid intel+AMD laptops are supported (and finally my 7730M has tiled resources support enable!). Those drivers come with tons of bug fixes. Intel IGPs still don't have tiled resources enabled, and AMD GPU looks like still don't have GS bypass enable.

EDIT: one AMD driver change is official support to VSR and frame limiter for R9 280 (GCN 1.0 Tahiti) GPUs.

I'm installing it now

The additional memory depicted is dependent on installed ram and used for texture swapping. So in the case above 8 GB system ram provides 4095MB of reserved ram for texture swapping memory plus the memory available on the card 4098MB.

Weird. Only other thing he mentioned is he is using Windows 10 build 10158, which I would guess is the same as yours. I believe Windows 8 also gives the same memory readout (adding texture swapping memory).

Word of warning: after installing this driver the only options that show in the NVCP are Stereoscopic 3D settings. This is the first driver problem I've had with NV drivers in years but my it's a doozie.

If you are using Win10 Insider Preview, he said you will get these drivers with build 10158 unless "you've disabled driver updates for NVIDIA through Windows Update" and did not report any issues. I have not seen any issues like the one you experienced (would be fairly obvious) and seems you may have the opportunity to test the next step of a "borked" driver installation. :smile2:

The D3D12CheckFeatureSupport tool in the post above has been updated with the latest Windows SDK 10.0.10158 (one new capability for per-process GPU virtual addressing, not on MSDN yet).

I also added a list of supported DXGI formats with relevant format options in either plain text or hex values - use the included Excel spreadsheet to decode these bitmasks to a Yes/No table format (text paste/import with space as a separator and plain text column format).

If anyone is interested, I can add more logic to only list important new features such as UAV load/store support...

Last edited:
one new capability for per-process GPU virtual addressing

cool .. and for those interested, per Intel dx12 documentation from months ago

CJGxTkXVAAAsCc_.png:large

Back