Carrie Fisher confirms Leia's in Episode VII

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
...That's cool, I guess. I mean, Carrie Fisher's a hella cool cat and all, but she's a bit old, and I doubt she'll agree to diet down into that metal bikini one more time (not that anyone would want her to...)

The only guy I'm really interested in seeing returning from the old cast is Billy Dee Williams/Lando Calrissian. He's my favorite from the entire series. Who knows if he'll get the offer - or even wants to at this point. Well, at least he's still alive, so there's always hope. ;)

So the story should bet set roughly 30 years after The Return of the Jedi. If asked, I'm sure Mark Hamill will happily accept to come back, since SW is pretty much his entire career. The biggest question is Harrison Ford, in my opinion.

A comment in a news post on the subject over at Kotaku said Hamill has alledgedly said he'll sign up on condition that the rest of the (main, I presume) cast is invited back as well.

I was under the impression that, if anything, he wouldn't come back *because* SW was his entire (acting) career.

The guy sure works a lot for someone who only did star wars... He does a crap load of voice work.

IIRC Hamill said in one point that he's definitely interested in returning on some conditions, but he would want the movie to be less CGI and more real models, like they used to be

I liked Wing Commander IV a lot, back when PCs still had the midi/joystick plug, and they could be booted to DOS by pressing F8 on start up. It's pretty much the only non-SW role I remember Mark Hamill, barring perhaps one series episode or telefilm. Nothing wrong with that I guess it's very nice to be universally known but not being under the mediatic spotlights all the time. With all TV and movies dubbed (or shot) in French over here, I didn't get to hear his voice in works. I've just read he voiced the bad guy in Full Throttle :) (the Lucas Art video game) but the game had a memorable and unrelated French voice instead.

The guy sure works a lot for someone who only did star wars... He does a crap load of voice work.

Yeah, I was trying to isolate acting from his voice acting career specifically ;). He is of course well appreciated for his voice work, but in terms of live action roles it seems as though the only one who was able to break out of their typecast was Harrison Ford.

Yeah but not by nearly as many people. I honestly couldn't name a single thing Hamill has done since Star Wars without looking it up.

I don't like the sound of this. They are all too old and it's better to hand their legacy down instead of risking it in what could be a disaster of a movie.

I don't expect any of these people to be main cast members if they ever actually end up in the movie, they'll be peripheral characters. Luke Skywalker would take over the role Obi-Wan had as mentor for the new jedi hero, and so on. Otherwise star wars would turn into a fucking geriatrics ward, and I don't think disney's interested in that.

All I remember of Mark Hamill outside of Star Wars is some movie where he was a bounty hunter chasing aliens that happened to have crashed on earth or some crap. That and WC4 of course.

Back