Bourne Conspiraccy

silhouette

Regular
Demos was up in Xbox live and coming to PSN this Thursday.

The controls and the way it is played is much better than I originally expected. Graphics are pretty good and 1-to-1 combat animations seems also decent. This is definitely in my radar now!

Unfortuantely, if they do not change the script, the story will not be much different than the first Bourne movie (Identity)..

Is the gameplay interesting? I'm afraid that the driving parts of the game will be an afterthought based on a few vids I've seen on GT... i'm a huge Bourne fan, loved all 3 movies, but I can't see a game capturing the feel of them. The game should feel chaotic and unpredictable, and that is not easy to accomplish when going from scripted sequence to scripted sequence...
That being said, graphics do look good, as well as animation.

Is the gameplay interesting? I'm afraid that the driving parts of the game will be an afterthought based on a few vids I've seen on GT... i'm a huge Bourne fan, loved all 3 movies, but I can't see a game capturing the feel of them. The game should feel chaotic and unpredictable, and that is not easy to accomplish when going from scripted sequence to scripted sequence...
That being said, graphics do look good, as well as animation.

Car chases are an after thought....it's pretty scripted.

Car chases are an after thought....it's pretty scripted.

I only played the first level in the demo (the embassy) and it seems it was scripted too. You do not have much choice about where to go, and you have to press certain key combinations in time to pass the stages. Only 1-to-1 combats seem not scripted. However, it is ok. It is more like you are playing the movie only with 1-to-1 combats to test your skills. Maybe other levels are different. Will see.

I only played the first level in the demo (the embassy) and it seems it was scripted too. You do not have much choice about where to go, and you have to press certain key combinations in time to pass the stages. Only 1-to-1 combats seem not scripted. However, it is ok. It is more like you are playing the movie only with 1-to-1 combats to test your skills. Maybe other levels are different. Will see.

I played three demos...and it looks pretty good, and the shooting was fun. I think there's a lot of fighting rules you have to learn to really feel in control....but there were so many changing camera angles, it really felt like you might as well put the controller down and watch.

The shooting was poor, the aiming needed major tuning to suit a more stop-and-pop style, no blind-fire, no vaulting over cover, the character movement controls should have been more of a 3D style than copying Gears' tank style. The hand-to-hand was poorly designed, lacking in the ability to counter and the player movement restricted, consisting mainly of getting enough shots in to fill up the takedown meter.

The driving was garbage, whoever thought of this ridiculous notion of QTE gear shift needs actually play his own design.

Having to see that loading screen after every death is awful. Just poor execution on all fronts.

It is an ok download. The concept is very interesting. The execution wasnt done properly though. It had great potential. But unfortunately the game seems kind of rushed and unpolished.

I couldnt help but Imagine occasionally how awesome this game would have been if it was under proper care.

In the beginning I felt as if I wasn't controlling the game at all. That changed however as I was able to get used to the controls a bit. I found I was having a pretty good time and I enjoyed the QTE's and the fast pace of the game.

I agree with Deep's assessment. It's just not really very interactive at all. Even when you get a hang of the controls, you feel locked in as to what you can do. There's essentially no freedom in the game as far as I can tell.

In a generation where most of the focus is allowing players to do MORE, this game certainly chooses to go in the completely opposite direction

The shooting was poor, the aiming needed major tuning to suit a more stop-and-pop style, no blind-fire, no vaulting over cover, the character movement controls should have been more of a 3D style than copying Gears' tank style. The hand-to-hand was poorly designed, lacking in the ability to counter and the player movement restricted, consisting mainly of getting enough shots in to fill up the takedown meter.

The driving was garbage, whoever thought of this ridiculous notion of QTE gear shift needs actually play his own design.

Having to see that loading screen after every death is awful. Just poor execution on all fronts.

Your last point, loading screen after every death kills this game for me.

I consistently hear the driving is aweful, they need to fix that. The rest of it was kinda ok. It could have been a very good game if they take some time to tweak it.

They have some basic good ideas, but the combat needs a bit more variation, hopefully you can do more later on, than building up for a takedown.

I want to like it, but there are too many issues with it. Maybe take 3-6 months and refine a few glaring problems. The loading must go. I did not even finish the demo because I got frustrated with it.

Back