Questions about the Broadway CPU

Strange... This:

"The IBM PowerPC 750CL RISC microprocessor is a 32-bit implementation of the IBM PowerPC family"

doesn't quite compute with this:

"Finally, the chip is powered by one floating-point and two fixed-point units, which are capable of both single and double precision arithmetic."

Double precision fixed point? Must be a typo of brainfart.

Flux, is Gekko 32bit or 64bit after all? (I've seen other conflicting reports too, and I can't fathom what Wii would need 64-bitness for, outside FPU... I'm ass-u-ming IBM still does 32-bit CPUs for embedded or special purposes.)

Strange... This:

"The IBM PowerPC 750CL RISC microprocessor is a 32-bit implementation of the IBM PowerPC family"

doesn't quite compute with this:

"Finally, the chip is powered by one floating-point and two fixed-point units, which are capable of both single and double precision arithmetic."

Double precision fixed point? Must be a typo of brainfart.

Flux, is Gekko 32bit or 64bit after all? (I've seen other conflicting reports too, and I can't fathom what Wii would need 64-bitness for, outside FPU... I'm ass-u-ming IBM still does 32-bit CPUs for embedded or special purposes.)

Was the exact clock speed/and ram capacity confirmed by nintendo officially?

Thank you Swayee for the documentation, I ment however more towards that... including the GPU, which is off topic so I didn't spell it out as such. I will read the 570CL papers however, thank you.

Back