My new baby!

Fuz

Regular
I just want the world to know about my new baby.

Abit IC7, Corsair XMS3200 TwinXL, P4 2.4C

I highly recommend any one upgrading to purchase the new 2.4C. I am running it at 3GHz with stock cooling, and with 1GHz bus speeds, dual channel DDR and HT support. Can't complain too much. :D

My 9700P feels more at home now.

congrats on your new board, it looks like its great value:) instead of me blowing my money on a asus p4c800 i might get that one. just some questions, how is the onboard sound?does it campare well to nforce2 sound? also are you using raid? any more feedback would be greatly appreciated. im thinking of using an 2.8/800 p4 with it

I recently grabbed an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe mobo, but I went with a 2.53GHz Northwood for the CPU.

Didn't want to spend too much.

I couldn't tell you how good the onboard sound is, I am using an Audigy.
I have the IC7, the IC7-G has raid... so obviously I am not using raid either.

I assume you are looking at the IC7 because you want to overclock... so why would go with 2.8C? Go for the 2.4C and run it at 3GHz.... 3.3 is quite possible too.

I highly recommend this board.... but its a must you update the bios to 1.1 or you will have problems with mem timings. Also, don't get the Corsair XMS3200 TwinXL with the IC7, they don't like each other. At default settings, it won't run... you need to adjust the voltage for the mem to get it just to boot at 2.4. I think when Abit fix the issue, I might be able to get higher than 3GHz.

I can boot into windows at 3.3 and play games for an hour or so, but after that, I get random restarts.... its a work in progress.

i dont think im going to overclock it
ill just run it at stock settings for now
im getting the ic7 cause its the cheapest 875 mobo i can find at the moment, anyway for the p4 2.4 its au$353 and au$512 for the 2.8, so ive decided to just get the 2.8 and maybe if i need to i could always clock it a bit higher

Back