First 360 in-game Command & Conquer 3 Footage

Looks awesome for a RTS, they are gonn have one helluva time keeping the framerates up with all that action.

Hopefully it actually has a decent SP mode (unlike that shit they called a campaign in BFME2)

Huge C&C fan, I've played original C&C, Red Alert, C&C Tiberium Sun, RA2, Generals.

I'm really looking forward to this game - But PC version of course. On the GFW podcast this week they talked to the C&C devs and they did say that the console version, as far as control system, is very good. And the people who play it swear they can take on PC gamers with it. But unfortunally the game does not support PC vs xbox360 multiplayer.

I really hope the game is good.

I'm a huge C&C fan too. I like the looks of this game but why it looks like its going slow motion in those action sequences? I mean missiles/tank shells have never moved that slow before!

I used to love this sort of game years ago, though I think I've played out any interest in the genre now. I'm curious how this works on a controller.

Trying to wedge pure PC-style RTSes on consoles hurts my soul. (Unless they support/encourage m/k use, which too my knowledge the 360 won't.) It's bad enough Relic is spending time on games there instead of providing me with more blissfully-amazing RTSes on PC, but hopefully at least they're smart enough to recognize they shouldn't, like, port Dawn of War over there. The Outfit is is a bit wacky, but is the essentially the style of gameplay you need.

Wedging a BfME or C&C onto a gamepad is simply insulting the game. (And that's a spot usually reserved for their balance issues. ;) )

Trying to wedge pure PC-style RTSes on consoles hurts my soul. (Unless they support/encourage m/k use, which too my knowledge the 360 won't.) It's bad enough Relic is spending time on games there instead of providing me with more blissfully-amazing RTSes on PC, but hopefully at least they're smart enough to recognize they shouldn't, like, port Dawn of War over there. The Outfit is is a bit wacky, but is the essentially the style of gameplay you need.

Wedging a BfME or C&C onto a gamepad is simply insulting the game. (And that's a spot usually reserved for their balance issues. ;) )

Other than some small issues with BFME it worked great control wise.

If they could streamline the bookmarking of the troops, and give you quick access to the mini-map it would basically be as good as PC.

Other than some small issues with BFME it worked great control wise.

If they could streamline the bookmarking of the troops, and give you quick access to the mini-map it would basically be as good as PC.

I strongly disagree with this. Its simply physically impossible to make the same kind of screen spanning rapid movements that I make with a mouse in games like this with a control pad. Regardless of how well the buttons are set up its never going to approach PC level useability. And thats supported from experience with the demo's of both versions (well actually BFME2).

Well, I've played like 500 games of bfme2 on 360 and I think the controls work great. Also I'm so hopelessly addicted I have hard time stopping playing it and continuing Zelda with the wii.

Sortof dissapointed to hear that they are not heavily modifying the BFME controls, but perhaps they underplayed the additions in the intreview I read.

The controls were a good v 1.0, but I expect a signifigant evolution in C&C3, which it doesn't sound like they've done.

The game looks great btw,

Has anyone else tried the markeplace demo yet? It includes a tutorial and two short missions. I was pleasently surprised by the pad controls, which worked pretty good. Also the frame rate was acceptable even during heavy action. I'll definately pick this up when it's released.

Has anyone else tried the markeplace demo yet? It includes a tutorial and two short missions. I was pleasently surprised by the pad controls, which worked pretty good. Also the frame rate was acceptable even during heavy action. I'll definately pick this up when it's released.

I tried the demo this afternoon. Did the tutorial, and the first mission. Controls are functional, but a step down from PC of course (just like console FPS). I may get this on the 360 when it's released next month (although I'm already getting Spiderman 3 and Two Worlds in May).

I really enjoyed the demo. I tend to dislike RTS's, but this was quite functional on the 360's controller, and there's nothing like playing a game from your couch. I may pick this up if I see it for a little cheaper than RRP.

It was quite nifty to see the guy from Starship Troopers, and Sharon from BSG in the cutscenes too. ;) The BSG lady is quite cute when not wearing those bulky BSG uniforms heh heh.

It was quite nifty to see the guy from Starship Troopers, and Sharon from BSG in the cutscenes too. ;) The BSG lady is quite cute when not wearing those bulky BSG uniforms heh heh.

Yep and there is a chick from the series "House" on the GDI side also, and on the NOD side there are Sawyer from Lost and the HOT!! Blonde chick from Galactica and the good old Kane :smile:

Controls are functional, but a step down from PC of course (just like console FPS).

If the "step down" is comparable to the one from PC FPS to console FPS, wooohooo! The age of RTS on consoles is upon us.

(I haven't touched a PC FPS since ... uh... ummm.... Deus Ex 2 maybe?)

Why I like Mouse+Keyboard on RTS:

1) Rapid and accurate full screen movements
a) quickly locate and click on enemies
b) drag-select, ctrl-click/shift-click units/groups of units

2) keyboard shortcuts for unit orders, build queue, map bookmarks, grouped units, et al

Unless controllers have spouted like another 20 buttons, I don't see how it's done. I use practically every key on my keyboard in RTSes!

I assign up to 18 unit groups! (1-9 * 2). I use many shortcut keys for building types. I use formation short cuts keys, order shortcuts (defend, attack, guard, displace, etc) Plus, rapidly selecting unit types (e.g. just hit 's' to select all soldiers on the screen)

I mean, let's get real. How can I quickly select and assign N units into M groups, select any of M groups with one keypress, give umteen different orders that exceed the number of buttons on the gamepad?

Back