Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
insiders on resetera mainly - this was when there was a massive discussion around #team2019 and #team2020.
then this rumour came out
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...nys-playstation-5-vega-suffered/#38eb8c0524fd

that was in 2018.
My interpretation at the time (as with all PM things) moving a lot of resources like that is a sign that you are behind schedule. Scope change etc. I think i made a pretty fair argument there, but people wanted to look at it as Sony designing navi instead.
If the rework is true; we could be staring at 2018 their rush to catch up if the requirements were re-worked.
Why is there such a dumb rumor as Sony creating Navi for PS5 when Microsoft and AMD are both using it too? Makes no sense. Why do people still believe these "insiders".

Or this is nonsense rumours layered on top of nonsense rumours. Throw enough shit, some sticks.

The rumour of a 2019 PS5 stuck in some people's minds. Time enough has passed that it's basis is now lost in a relatively distant mist. So someone who's lonely trots out another rumour that feeds on people's foggy memories and inclination to think "oh yeah, I remember something about that." The purveyor of the rumour gets a little dopamine spike, and they get to feel superior to the people they've fooled.

You have to admit sony must be happy there's a million rumors across the whole range. If there's a legitimate leak it's lost in the noise.

If this Lockhart, this means.

3.2GHZ Zen 2 CPU possibly without SMT
16GB GDDR6 / GDDR5x 320-448GB/s
6-7TF Navi

Lockhart has been working out after cancellation.

Yeah, huge grain of salt.

Sony were very clever with the PS5 dev kit design, clearly the front 'V' is a slot for the GPU upgrade taking it from 9 to 13TF.

Do you really expect Sony devs to say 'we can't deliver the jumps we have had in the past?' There's no attacking on PlayStation here, the same problem exists on Xbox, or let's say all platoforms, even with a slight difference in TF numbers. RT and SSD are the new things now, maybe some CPU related tasks too. RT isn't going to change graphics that much.

Wait what!? It dramatically change the lighting which will make everything look more natural and 'real'.

Has anyone actually disproven the possibility of Microsoft just moneyhatting extra Tflops from Sony. Like they paid them $1B or something for them to stay at less than 10 Tflops so they could have double-digit Tflop exclusivity for this gen?

Did Phil Spencer deny this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back