Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

Globalisateur

Globby
Legend
Veteran
Supporter
Ghost of Tsushima is the next Sucker Punch game to be released in 2018.

- You are a samurai in the isle of Tsushima during the Mongolian invasions (1274)
- Open world action stealth adventure game
- Infamous was about being a superhero with powers, Ghost of Tshushima is about being a Samurai in japan.
- Player is in charge in an open world game
- Big landscapes, "all locations are in-engine, in the world"
- They have collected ~70 pitches from their own developers for this game
- "The world as a character"

I was positively surprised by the trailer. I loved it!
Looks like an open world Tenchu from what we know!

PGW trailer:

Developer interview:

Gamersyde images:
image_ghost_of_tsushima-37005-3966_0002.jpg

image_ghost_of_tsushima-37005-3966_0004.jpg

image_ghost_of_tsushima-37005-3966_0012.jpg

Last edited:
Was that trailer real-time? If so then I’m very impressed. I skimmed past it as it looked just like another pretty looking cgi video.

Wow seriously impressed by the reveal, I like the theme which is just so different, beautiful and mysterious. The graphics looked beyond stunning, I honestly thought this could not have been real time. Then again I expect nothing less from SP when Second Son is still amazing to look at even now. Hope to see some gameplay at PSX.

This can indeed be great. Lots of people have expressed interest in an AC game in Feudal Japan. Well, SP is beating UBI to it.

I am curious if they can bring something new and fresh to the table.

Combat system? Story missions, side missions, repetition?

What I liked most about Infamous was indeed the super power aspect, and of course the insane graphics :)

It seems to me that this game aims for "realism", so no real super natural elements...although the very final scenes with the flames and everything made me hope a little bit.

On the other hand, this game is in the making since 3,5 years...shouldn't there be some actual gameplay available to show?!?

Here some direct feed png from the trailer.

I am curious if they can bring something new and fresh to the table.

Combat system? Story missions, side missions, repetition?

What I liked most about Infamous was indeed the super power aspect, and of course the insane graphics :)

It seems to me that this game aims for "realism", so no real super natural elements...although the very final scenes with the flames and everything made me hope a little bit.

On the other hand, this game is in the making since 3,5 years...shouldn't there be some actual gameplay available to show?!?

PSX maybe...

Wow seriously impressed by the reveal, I like the theme which is just so different, beautiful and mysterious. The graphics looked beyond stunning, I honestly thought this could not have been real time. Then again I expect nothing less from SP when Second Son is still amazing to look at even now. Hope to see some gameplay at PSX.

Seing direct feed png it is clearly realtime... Great graphic and artistic direction...

I like it. In my head I'm imagining Red Dead Redemption with interesting sword combat, cool forts, maybe some large battle scenes.
That could be good, or it could just come off as a naff RDR2 clone.

Feudal Japan just isn't a place/era that excites me much. But early reveals of Horizon Zero Dawn didn't excite me either and that is my favourite game this year. Nonsense premise, great gameplay.

Back