Paris back in jail.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
No schedenfreud thread about Paris Hilton here? THIS ERROR MUST BE CORRECTED! :oops:

She's reportedly going back to jail, she was dragged from the courtroom screaming.

2405-aww.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PKQML80&show_article=1

Paris Hilton was taken from a courtroom screaming and crying Friday seconds after a judge ordered her returned to jail to serve out her entire 45-day sentence for a parole violation in a reckless driving case.

"It's not right!" shouted the weeping Hilton. "Mom!" she called out to her mother in the audience.
Paris_Hilton.sff_CAMW101_20070608145703.jpg

Hilton, who was brought to court in handcuffs in a sheriff's car, came into the courtroom disheveled and weeping, hair askew, sans makeup, wearing a gray fuzzy sweatshirt over slacks.

She cried throughout the hearing, her body shook constantly and she dabbed at her eyes. Several times she turned to her parents, seated behind her in the courtroom, and mouthed, "I love you."
Schedenfreud, me old friend... :devilish:
There, a couple of posts of mine from EB to start the ball rolling.... :devilish:

This is why rich guys shouldn't marry trophy wives. Having rich grandkids that are easy on the eye but dumb as posts just isn't a good trade.

I don't think she's really all that dumb G, I think she's just totally been spoiled/over-protected all her life and just has no clue how the real world works.

I almost feel sorry for her, almost...but she's just had too many opportunities and good fortunes thrown at her for me to really feel any sympathy for her.

She got into this trouble on her own, and I don't think there is anyone here who will defend an inebriated driver. She flouted the law and got nailed for it, I have no sympathies for her on that.

Im da bad girl.....

therefore i get pwn3d.

Now now, let's hope the silly girl will learn something.

I dint knew she was already out?!?
Its spelled "Schadenfreude" btw, dont you have appropiate english terms for this,so you have to resort to other languages :D ?

Its spelled "Schadenfreude" btw, dont you have appropiate english terms for this,so you have to resort to other languages :D ?

Yes, it's only jaded and corrupt ancient civilizations that would think it necessary to have a handy-dandy word for such a concept ready at all occasions in the hopes of using it often.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard somewhere that the Eskimos have many words for snow.
Just as they may have too much snow, perhaps Germans have too much failure.

Aw snap!

Either that or end up on the business end of a prison shank.
As delicious as her experiencing reality is she isn't going to experience full reality as she's going to be kept in a cell separate from the rest. It must still be hellish for her though. :devilish:

Yes, it's only jaded and corrupt ancient civilizations that would think it necessary to have a handy-dandy word for such a concept ready at all occasions in the hopes of using it often.
Its sending shivers down my spine if your logic holds true for the dominant use of the word "motherf**ker" in some countries :D

I'll accept (with great reservation) some leniency for public people on their first offense (because they really can't run and hide)...

But when they violate parole after getting leniency on the offense, it really irks me to see anybody given leniency or special treatment. I'm glad the law turned around and did the right thing here.

As delicious as her experiencing reality is she isn't going to experience full reality as she's going to be kept in a cell separate from the rest. It must still be hellish for her though. :devilish:

I can see it now. A secluded cell larger than my bedroom where there probably aren't even bars and the door is unlocked. The only thing they're depriving her of truly is unlimited access to a bevy of drugs and a new guy to fuck everynight.

The horror....The horror.

I can wish all I want that she catches a sharpened toothbrush in her carotid, but the truth in the matter is you hit the nail on the head completely: This'll be the easiest prison sentence served in the history of criminal justice. But we can relish in the thought that our streets will be safe of one less drunk slut for 30 days.

they (the local sheriff dept.) released her initially for a personal medical condition or some such vague bs to serve the rest of her sentence in her 4 bedroom 3 bathroom mansion under house arrest. This was after the judge specifically said that such a punishment would not be an option.

I despise celebrity news but these pictures make me smile.

Wait, huh? I heard she was getting out today, but she's managed to in trouble the minute she steps out or what? I know people were outraged over the 3 day sentence, was that what got her throw back in? I haven't read the links yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, huh? I her she was getting out today, but she's managed to in trouble the minute she steps out or what? I know people were outraged over the 3 day sentence, was that what got her throw back in? I haven't read the links yet.
Yes her getting released pissed everyone off not just the public but also the attorney general in California and the judge in her case. Apparently the judge said she couldn't be released to home arrest but the sheriff did it anyway(heard on the news the sheriff is a celebrity worshipper, don't know if that means he has a history of going easy on celebrities).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The local Sherrif there is a bit of a celebrity worshiper and has shown special treatment for them in the past. Some blurbs from a couple of articles.

He dismissed that criticism, saying Friday that Hilton had been ordered to spend an unusually long time behind bars.
<<...>>
The union representing deputy sheriffs demanded that Baca "put a stop to his special treatment for celebrity inmates." And county Supervisor Don Knabe said he was stunned to find out Baca released Hilton without consulting the court.
<<...>>
When Mel Gibson was arrested for drunken driving, the department withheld video and audio tapes of the arrest, asserting they were exempt from open-government laws.

There were questions about favorable treatment for the "Apocalypto" director after a sheriff's spokesman initially said the arrest occurred "without incident" and made no mention of Gibson's now-notorious anti-Semitic rant.

"When a celebrity is involved, that's when people pay attention," said Robert Stern of the Center for Governmental Studies, a research group. "The big question ... is why didn't the sheriff go to the judge" before Hilton was released.

Last year, the Los Angeles Times reported Baca put one of his closest friends on the payroll as a $105,000-a-year adviser.

The newspaper also said he had accepted more than $42,000 in gifts since taking office, including some from those who do business with his department.

In 2004, he took more gifts than California's other 57 sheriffs combined.

TBH she never should have recieved such a harsh sentence in the first place.

But its not the first time some judge treats a celeb with a stronger than normal hand to try to rehabilitate them with fire.

I do feel bad for some of these heirs/heiresses though. Growing up so obscenely rich and priviledged is usually the great recipe for disaster. I'd venture to suspect that the amount of suicides, ODs, dropouts, depressions and so forth rivals what its like growing up in the hood. Its a sob story thats rather hard to feel pity towards, but the numbers don't lie.

Her parents are the ones to blame, really.
An young adult woman without any sense of the harshness of the real world is bound to be trapped by these situations, more so if you're a high-profile celebrity/socialite.
And her parents kept her totally spoiled with luxuries, cocooned in a dreamworld filled with "plastic people".
There is a difference between over-protecting someone and a normal shielding provided by the parents of a young child/teenager from the most extreme examples of life's miseries.

Back