Yep yep yep...

thats odd . I find all my sisters to be much smarter than me .

Well not much smarter But i guess harder working. I could care less what happens . As long as i can eat and get what i want

dunno... there were too many different researches and statistics are really great science, cause you interprete results as you like, all you have to do is make right questions and you get what you wanted...

men and momen are different and that fact alone makes this study useless.... it is well known fact that men and women use brain in different ways, due to evolution and needs that have been there for thousends of generations...

I'll show this link to my wife. And I'll get, "Just how smart are you to show me that? You want breakfast tomorrow morning? You're so smart, make it yourself."

You have the technical and social intelligence. Guess who scores best on which one?

And for the social part, there is a big difference in being nice and getting what you want. Which also can be broken down, into social and business. Guess again who scores best in those?

And the IQ tests mostly measure technical and business intelligence.

This study means that men are better at IQ tests, not that men are more intelligent.

From the IQ tests I've seen, they do tend to bias towards spatial skills, and away from language skills to try and minimise reading/language issues. They don't want someone who doesn't read that well to get a low IQ score just because they didn't understand the question fully. Given that early developers (ie women) tend to have better language skills, while late developers (ie men) tend to have better spatial coordination skills, it seems that IQ tests are biased towards men.

Don't disregard the gender-cultural factor either where boys are premiered while growing up for grabbing attention and making noise, and girls are premiered for being still and quiet. Men are generally seen as more able and competent than women - unless you're talking sewing, cleaning and raising babies and such of course...

My wife told me I think this thread is wrong...
bleh2.gif

This comment agrees with my experience:

Robin said:
I don't think men are more intelligent than women on average. However, from personal experience I would say that the distribution of intelligence in men is more extreme, that is to say, there are more exceptionally clever men than women, but there are also more exceptionally stupid men than women.

What is it that men and women want to excel in? For women, that has more to do with being sexy to get a good husband, having a good (wealthy and influential) life and raising great kids, while for men it is to be the ultimate alpha male, domination and influence (money), and thus being seen as a good husband. There is a lot of competition in all that, and of course it is not as simple as that, but that is how we're programmed by evolution.

DiGuru said:
What is it that men and women want to excel in? For women, that has more to do with being sexy to get a good husband, having a good (wealthy and influential) life and raising great kids, while for men it is to be the ultimate alpha male, domination and influence (money), and thus being seen as a good husband. There is a lot of competition in all that, and of course it is not as simple as that, but that is how we're programmed by evolution.
You do realize that you don't speak for all of us on that one, right?

(Sayeth the Dig returning from cleaning the mess that was his kitchen as he prepares a light late lunch pizza for his and his wife's enjoyment before he goes and picks up the kids from school 'cause the wife has to go to work....)

Then again, there is the outside possibility that I am a genetic anomaly.....I've been accused of that before. :oops:

digitalwanderer said:
You do realize that you don't speak for all of us on that one, right?

(Sayeth the Dig returning from cleaning the mess that was his kitchen as he prepares a light late lunch pizza for his and his wife's enjoyment before he goes and picks up the kids from school 'cause the wife has to go to work....)

Then again, there is the outside possibility that I am a genetic anomaly.....I've been accused of that before. :oops:

Yes, and if you're too technical intelligent (think geek and nerd), you won't get a nice wife. And you're seen as a danger by alpha-males. So technical intelligence is vastly overrated.

;)

london-boy said:
Gay man cleverer than man.

You no children, you get Darwin award!

Although most gays I know are very creative and here in the Netherlands quite a percentage of the people in showbiz are gay. So, join the nerds, but from the other way around!

Nature doesn't care about them, but society is very much enriched by the existence of both.

Back