Xbox Next PC, a 'speculative' system that combines the delig

First of all, we're not completely sure what CPU architecture the Xbox Next has. The slide did mention the Xbox Next PC(XNPC) would be backward compatible with current Xbox games. That would mean it has either 1) a x86 processor 2) a PPC-type processor using software emulation. If the former, then this concept would be very easy to do. I believe it's unlikely though. If it's the latter, then they could run Windows in emulation as well. This would allow it to play PC games, or anything else they would want(ex. Media Center Edition features).

thanks for the clear and understandable post Tommy - I agree. it's basicly what I tried to say.

obviously if Xbox Next PC is backward compatible with Xbox games, it would probably have some Intel processor in it, be it the 733 Mhz CPU in Xbox, or something faster. if not emulation. as well as the Xbox 2 chipset / internals.

clearly 'Xbox Next PC' will do some things that Xbox Next / Xbox 2 / Xenon will not do. just as the PSX does things the PS2 does not do.

Back