Which one psu would you get?

Orbitech

Newcomer
I had recently a TT480W that destroyed my gpu and 2-3 days later blowed in my case, but thnak God it didn't take anything else with it.

Well I'm not going to say nasty words and criticize TT for this(there are always defective products from all companies) but surely for psychological reasons I won't trust any of them any time soon. After all TT is new to this market so it was a mistake from my side to trust them so soon.

Anyway I can change in and pay the difference from the store I bought it and the only quality psus they have are Antec.
I'm between 480 Neo power and 550 True Control and I have some questions

1. Which is the best overall?
2. WHich is the most future proof?
3. How are they compared to other same range top quality psus? (Fotron,Enermax,PCP&C etc etc)
4. Does anyone have any quality review to recommend?

Thanks in advance

My specs

A64 3400+ newcastle 2400MHz
MSI K8N Pl
MSI 6800GT
Nec 3520 DVD-R/DL
Plextor PX708A
WD 80GB
WD 40GB
Audigy 2ZS

I recently got an Enermax 470W which did well in reviews and is pretty quiet. Worth taking a look.

Acert93 said:
I recently got an Enermax 470W which did well in reviews and is pretty quiet. Worth taking a look.

I have Enermax in great respect and I was thinking of purchasing of the 485W one. But the thing is my options are limited to Antec as I said because of the previous mentioned reason. Thanks anyway.

One more question for everyone.
Which is better ? Dual 12V rail >15A or one of >25A for the future dual cpus and hungry gpus?

The true550 provides more overall power but the Neopower is more efficient, has a longer hold up time and has two seperate 12 volt rails. Either is quite good tbh. If your getting an SLi board watch out though, some claim they require 20 or more amps on the 12 volt rail, which the neopower falls short on.

If I were to get one psu above all others? PCP&C 510 Deluxe, nothing beats it.

Opps my bad. I skimmed your post (I usually do not do that) and thought I would leave my small recommendation. Sorry about that!

ANova said:
The true550 provides more overall power but the Neopower is more efficient, has a longer hold up time and has two seperate 12 volt rails. Either is quite good tbh. If your getting an SLi board watch out though, some claim they require 20 or more amps on the 12 volt rail, which the neopower falls short on.

Yeah I know PCP&C are simply the best.(zippy)
I'm not particularly interested in SLI for the future but can you speculate which one will be more futureproof for dual cpus and new gpus?
Dual >15A or 1>25A?

Orbitech said:
ANova said:

Yeah I know PCP&C are simply the best.(zippy)
I'm not particularly interested in SLI for the future but can you speculate which one will be more futureproof for dual cpus and new gpus?
Dual >15A or 1>25A?

The Neopower would be the better choice among those two. However, there is a model (true550 EPS12V) that supports 36 amps on the 12v rail. That would be better then the neopower imo, especially for dual core which I'm sure will end up being power hogs.

Back