Verizon blocks European email addresses!

T2k

Veteran
Verizon three million DSL customers waiting for emails from Europe were advised to use alternative forms of communication. "If it's really important you might want to make a phone call," he said

Or switch to a different ISP. I guess this shows that Verizon isn't competent enough to come up with proper anti-spam measures, so they've taken this choice to be seen to be doing something.

Didn't recent figures showed that the source of the most spam was actually the USA?

Spam is a plague. However, it's very difficult to get rid of it using conventional methods. I guess we should get used to it.

We pay for cable tv and it's full of useless and ridiculous advertisements, which last longer and can't be deleted with the "Del" key.

mito said:
Spam is a plague. However, it's very difficult to get rid of it using conventional methods. I guess we should get used to it.

Most spam in the world comes from a couple of hundred people - if you make it illegal and pursue those people and put them in prison, you'll make a significant difference. It would also help greatly if we had secure PCs that couldn't be used easily as zombie remailers, and authenticated sender IDs.

The big problem with nearly all anti-spam solutions is that they are based on analysing content or source, whereas spam is actually all about whether you wanted the mail or not regardless of content.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
mito said:

Most spam in the world comes from a couple of hundred people - if you make it illegal and pursue those people and put them in prison, you'll make a significant difference. It would also help greatly if we had secure PCs that couldn't be used easily as zombie remailers, and authenticated sender IDs.

The big problem with nearly all anti-spam solutions is that they are based on analysing content or source, whereas spam is actually all about whether you wanted the mail or not regardless of content.

NO, the actual big problem is these folks pay enopuh to their ISPs to serve their daily mass-shit out that behind the scenes the biggest names are still cashing on spammin'...

It's easy: every normal, non-spammer ISP should block those ISPs from their network, period.

Back