Value of NXGamer technical investigation videos *spawn

What was conlusion about 3090 vs ps5 ? All he said that reconstruction technic is so good that4x less pixel internal its not much worse, thats all, and from that people start attacking nxgamer that he said ps5 gpu(5700xt level) is on level 3090, hilarious that its even controversial

Regardless of what he said, my comparison to the 2060 still stands. The 2060 at Low settings running in DLSS 4K Ultra Performance mode is very comparable to the PS5's quality mode. The only real difference is the fact that the PS5 runs at a higher internal resolution before reconstruction which improves image quality. The PS5 doesn't use a significantly reduced internal resolution like DLSS. But the difference between the two, even when compared side by side is incredibly minimal. Zoomed in, looking at details and aspects across the board, you can't see a staggering amount of differences. Even on the same screen they look very close. Which just proves how good DLSS is.

The PS5 certainly has some elements which look slightly sharper and cleaner. Screen space reflections are double the resolution at least, which means they look fuller and cleaner and not so dim, as they do on the PC's Low settings. The shading cost overall is obviously far more expensive here, because it's not sacrificing that at a lower frame buffer level at half width and height, so you get cleaner edges on ears and depth of field on the background and just a small refinement on details, but at standard viewing distance from the screen none of this would be noticed.

What can be noticed on the PS5 is that it never goes above 60 FPS, whereas on the 2060 at these settings you can get a much higher framerate than this. Even though the PS5 is pushing twice the amount of pixels and you're definitely using the power, there is that diminishing return that you're pushing all that to get a very small return on visual quality but only half of the framerate.

Ultimately, it is an impressive title on the PS5 and the PC. The PS5 probably pushes other elements as well, such as anything based on resolution, so all screen effects, alpha effects, shadows, all of those things will be higher on the PS5 vs the PC on Low settings. Tessellation is likely further out, as well as probably parallax occlusion maps but generally, side-by-side comparisons would show little to no difference between the two.

Right, society doesn’t function because we have enforcement, it functions because the citizens have bought into the laws and generally as a whole follows it. Enforcement is an incredibly expensive resource to have unless your china.

In many ways I agree, but there has to be a moment where mods need to step in. This is a thread that has run its course, largely about something non technical bringing the worse out of our members.
I agree, but, 'run it's course' by whose metrics? It simply boils down to this:

Here's an active thread people are contributing to. Do these people want to be posting in this thread in this style?
No - Okay, the mods need to step in to close it down. But then why does this need mod intervention to stop them doing something they don't want to be doing?
Yes - Okay, then who are the mods to stop the conversation these people want?

To conclude with knowing when to pull the plug, we need to know why we are pulling the plug. The guiding principle has been signal:noise but is that a common value and pursuit held by all at B3D, in which case thread closure shouldn't be necessary, or a subset that wants to keep everyone else posting how they want? And if the latter, why are those 'other' people here and posting anyway?

Is this a 'Gentlemen's Club', suit and tie required, with two bouncers and 200+ members milling around and wide open doors with random people wandering in, and we have to keep telling members to put their jackets and ties back on?

I agree, but, 'run it's course' by whose metrics? It simply boils down to this:

Here's an active thread people are contributing to. Do these people want to be posting in this thread in this style?
No - Okay, the mods need to step in to close it down. But then why does this need mod intervention to stop them doing something they don't want to be doing?
Yes - Okay, then who are the mods to stop the conversation these people want?

To conclude with knowing when to pull the plug, we need to know why we are pulling the plug. The guiding principle has been signal:noise but is that a common value and pursuit held by all at B3D, in which case thread closure shouldn't be necessary, or a subset that wants to keep everyone else posting how they want? And if the latter, why are those 'other' people here and posting anyway?

Is this a 'Gentlemen's Club', suit and tie required, with two bouncers and 200+ members milling around and wide open doors with random people wandering in, and we have to keep telling members to put their jackets and ties back on?
For me, when arguments start furthering away from original subject at hand; additional irrelevant information being added to win an argument; the same arguments being present repeatedly without additional clarification; replies generally refusing to read each other’s posts.

it feels closer to a fight of emotions than a discussion. I think once someone falls into the trap of fighting to win, some people can’t get out. They aren’t bad people, they just need help breaking the fight up.

I think the reason we don’t want to gatekeep who posts based on quality is because everyone shares a passion for what’s here, and may have things to offer the forum by being a participant whether today or later in the future; a tertiary skill, which is posting ability/maturity is different from that. And the work we need to is help teach how to post.

It’s not my place to tell people how to think. That’s fine. I’m not saying we do. Teachers and parents do not do this. But They are supposed to teach children how to behave in society.

If that makes sense. Lots of people can speak their own language, but very few are capable of writing essays, opinions, articles, novels, poetry, etc. some folks can’t actually “read” what’s being read leading to incorrect posturing on responses. These things require skills, time, maturity, growth. I’m certain if I look at my earlier posts compared to today, quite a few of my earlier posts would make me cringe. Too confrontational, too certain, too arrogant, etc.

I think it takes time to want to post better. But we could help people along the way to speed up the process.

Back