Thunderbird & ÅÎÑÚÅÌÊÀÂÈÄÅÎÌÎÃ￾ÒÀÆÈÔÎÒÎÊÎÃ￾Ã￾ÀÃ￾ÀÒÈÂÃ￾ÛÕ×ÀÑÒÃ￾Û

Thunderbird & ÅÎÑÚÅÌÊÀÂÈÄÅÎÌÎÃÒÀÆÈÔÎÒÎÊÎÃÃÀÃÀÒÈÂÃÛÕ×ÀÑÒÃÛÕÈÄÅÒÑÊ ÈÕÃÎÂÎÃÎÄÃÈÕÃÃÀÇÄÃÈÊÎ

Is there a loophole in the Thunderbird learning junk filter that can be exploited by special characters? because it isn't very efficient at catching crap like this, no matter how many times I tell it that it's junk.
Anybody got a link to a topic or Bugzilla style report on an official Thunderbird site?

ps. I'm using TB dev build 1.5 but the problem has been in other versions too

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe those "characters" are your system trying to print out russian/japanese/something else without the correct fonts. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I believe those "characters" are your system trying to print out russian/japanese/something else without the correct fonts. ;)

It matters not.
It still stands though, that e-mails with subject matters made up of characters whose codes are outside the norm seem to be leaking through the filter.
Either that or it's other parts of the mail content that the TB filter is tripping up on because I have to keep marking many mails with the same subject line and similar content as junk and they still don't often get caught next time around.

Well it's got a load of Russian entries in my training.dat so I guess I'll leave it and hope it catches on eventually.
Don't get me wrong, it's only one or two getting through per day. I suppose that's not bad going compared to other methods of catching spam that I've experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back