The worst of E3: where AAA's don't dare and F's roam free.

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
It's easy to sit there drool over our favorites but it'd be fun to have one thread dedicated towards the garbage.

Do your best to not troll, please.

Wanted: (I think it 360/PS3)
e3-2008-wanted-images-20080714070636620.jpg

Not only is it fugly but likely somehow more retarded than the movie. I'm glad I can curve bullets on straight shots. Really missed that feature in a game!

e3-2008-wanted-images-20080714070642292.jpg

Mortal Kombat: DC vs MK Platform: PS1
mvfxzP1H5D-iqQOhOYPlEmK1JzVJSSH5

This is impressively horrible. Hopefully this is an internship program and paid developers did not work on this. If you buy this game, shame on you. SHAME!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Fatalities WILL be in MK VS DC, right? At first, I thought they weren't going to have them. The Superheroes won't kill though. Just more of a brutal move that stop them cold or something. The MK guys will have fatalities. That's what I heard. Someone killing Superman? Doomsday?

I kinda liked some of the Wanted screenshots, nice lighting and atmospherics...

I kinda liked some of the Wanted screenshots, nice lighting and atmospherics...
Yeah, the textures and geometry may not be the world's best, but the lighting engine in those pics is tasteful. Certainly not a 'dog' by my reckoning.

It's easy to sit there drool over our favorites but it'd be fun to have one thread dedicated towards the garbage.

Do your best to not troll, please.

This is impressively horrible. Hopefully this is an internship program and paid developers did not work on this. If you buy this game, shame on you. SHAME!

Did you miss all of the interview videos with Ed Boon? He is hardly an intern and the game is hardly a horrible idea, the problem is that its just Mortal Kombat and aside from MKII and MK4 no other MK game has lived up as a sequel, yet the franchise is still good enough to keep alive.

I hold no bias for MK, just fairness after all maybe I just don't expect much from Midway games since the last three buggy MK fighters.

Maybe multiple pics from different sites need to be examine because I've seen way better pics than this for this game and even then I wasn't impressed at all. But these picture maybe the most example of the game, as its hard to make any kind of judgement on any pre release nevermind just off of one picture.

If it plays well and offers a great experience will it still be garbage?

the 1up guys seem to like it . They say it will never be a virtual fighter but its a fun game.

Scorpin did a fatality on batman that burnt him to a crisp and Superman did a brutality that he kept hitting sub zero into the ground untill he was burried up to his neck

the 1up guys seem to like it . They say it will never be a virtual fighter but its a fun game.

Scorpin did a fatality on batman that burnt him to a crisp and Superman did a brutality that he kept hitting sub zero into the ground untill he was burried up to his neck

I wonder if the DC heroes can 'kill' Scorpion. :D

And I wonder: if brutalities are that brutal, are we gonna see Sub-Zero twitch afterwards, to prove he's still alive?

I know we've had an MK vs DC thread already, but I have to agree this is one franchise that would have fared a lot better if they just stopped in the 2D era. I would love for a new top notch MK game, but bringing in Aquaman probably isn't going to help it out any.

Lighting is one of my last areas of interesting when it comes to good looking graphics. If the geometry and texture foundation isn't there then no matter how amazing the lighting is the game will still look bad. Those Wanted shots are pretty much my nightmare for game graphics. Things are hard to see in it, this is a game it's suppose to be fun. People don't seem to keep that in mind when looking at screenshots it seems.

Lighting is one of my last areas of interesting when it comes to good looking graphics. If the geometry and texture foundation isn't there then no matter how amazing the lighting is the game will still look bad. Those Wanted shots are pretty much my nightmare for game graphics. Things are hard to see in it, this is a game it's suppose to be fun. People don't seem to keep that in mind when looking at screenshots it seems.

Agreed. STALKER which has amazing assets, bring it very, very far even in the forward rendering DX8 path.

Timeshift however, even having a "recoded" engine with nifty features, has horrible art direction to say, and a little too much hinting with shiny, bumpy textures that don't blend in whatsoever.

Back