The Last of Us, Part III?

Roger Cobb

Regular
Hey, we know it's coming from Naughty Dog... in some unknown year.

What do you want from it, personally?

I want to know how Abby and Lev are doing with the Fireflies. Maybe Ellie will meet up with them again, in an uncomfortable situation. They definitely have some unfinished business. I'm also certain that Tommy will be out for blood, because of losing an eye and his brother too, of course.

They should probably change the game title to The Last of Them, and then have 98% of the play through as them...

I personally wished the first title had been this one sole story and they bever made a sequel.

Once the sequel was made, it renforced that position. Part II has great gameplay, but the story lost most of the soul and ellegance of the first. I don't expect a III to be any better.

Keep the great gameplay mechanics, and start from a blank slate with fully new characters and story. Drop the zombies, its a formulaic clutch that ND already proved not to need.

If they must stay in the dark and gritty land, do something about a civil war somewhere, or drug cartels. You can make crack-heads and opioid-adicts be your zombie-like enemy archetipe hahaha. Neal seems to like playing grownup, so do it for real then.

I personally wished the first title had been this one sole story and they bever made a sequel.

Once the sequel was made, it renforced that position. Part II has great gameplay, but the story lost most of the soul and ellegance of the first. I don't expect a III to be any better.

Keep the great gameplay mechanics, and start from a blank slate with fully new characters and story. Drop the zombies, its a formulaic clutch that ND already proved not to need.

If they must stay in the dark and gritty land, do something about a civil war somewhere, or drug cartels. You can make crack-heads and opioid-adicts be your zombie-like enemy archetipe hahaha. Neal seems to like playing grownup, so do it for real then.
imo story was even better than in lou1, maybe less touching but just more mature, stronger and making most other games feel very childish, but both lou 1 and 2 are just superb

Both games are awesome, but I prefer 1.

The set pieces of the "semi interactive" intro mission was simply amazing.

imo story was even better than in lou1, maybe less touching but just more mature, stronger and making most other games feel very childish, but both lou 1 and 2 are just superb

The only thing more mature about Part II seems to me to be more graphic depictions of violence. And even that didn't necessarely make it more realistic in the true sense of the word, but rather just more gritty, but edge-lord teen comic books can also be very gritty and violent and I'd still not call that "mature".

But I don't wanna go into all that.

The only thing more mature about Part II seems to me to be more graphic depictions of violence. And even that didn't necessarely make it more realistic in the true sense of the word, but rather just more gritty, but edge-lord teen comic books can also be very gritty and violent and I'd still not call that "mature".

But I don't wanna go into all that.
Its very brutal game but in this realistic way as you can imagine such a world would be, but not only that, way characters speaks to each other, their emotions and feelings, only other game that can rival it is imo rdr2

Last edited:
I think when Abby killed Joel, Naughty Dog was copying Negan's arrival with Lucille. Development started in 2016, when that episode aired. So meh. Nice to rip that off!

I think when Abby killed Joel, Naughty Dog was copying Negan's arrival with Lucille. Development started in 2016, when that episode aired. So meh. Nice to rip that off!

That had happened in the comic way before the TV version so I think ND may have been getting some inspiration from print rather than the silver screen.

I think Ellie will have given up now, she's lost everything including her connection to Joel (no fingers to play the guitar now). Abby and Liv will have settled now somewhere or died along the way. The whole Joel saving Ellie when he couldn't save his daughter - Abby getting revenge - Ellie's self reaisation arc should be finished now. Perhaps the next installement will be the final grand gesture of the last remaining pocket of human kind as they fizzle out of existence, leaving only the peace and quiet of an unspolied world behind.

Hey, we know it's coming from Naughty Dog... in some unknown year.

What do you want from it, personally?

I want to know how Abby and Lev are doing with the Fireflies. Maybe Ellie will meet up with them again, in an uncomfortable situation. They definitely have some unfinished business. I'm also certain that Tommy will be out for blood, because of losing an eye and his brother too, of course.

I want them to completely rewrite and do another TLOU2 with a focus on Joël, Ellie and eventually the search for a cure for the disease that decimated the world. Maybe they'll find a way to do that without killing Ellie, or not, but this is what should have being the main point of the sequel.

I want them to completely rewrite and do another TLOU2 with a focus on Joël, Ellie and eventually the search for a cure for the disease that decimated the world. Maybe they'll find a way to do that without killing Ellie, or not, but this is what should have being the main point of the sequel.

Maybe you could do some fanfic for that?

@tuna :LOL:

For what it's worth, and as I've said before, I did not care for some of the story beats and narrative of The Last of Us Part II. That's not to say the story was bad, or told badly. Because the story was great and told superbly. I just didn't like what happened to certain characters, which is entirely different. But I can differentiate a story going to places I'm not keen on and a story being bad or poorly told.

I liked all of the second game, but I admit that Joel was too good of a character to kill off like that. I do also hate the fact that Naughty Dog kidded on he would have a starring role, but you only really play him on the horse, and that's it. The rest of those scenes involved a side character instead.

False advertising!

@tuna :LOL:

For what it's worth, and as I've said before, I did not care for some of the story beats and narrative of The Last of Us Part II. That's not to say the story was bad, or told badly. Because the story was great and told superbly. I just didn't like what happened to certain characters, which is entirely different. But I can differentiate a story going to places I'm not keen on and a story being bad or poorly told.

Its so funny that I'm the mirror oposite. I don't mind main characters dying or suffering or whatever. As long as the the other characters can be as interesting. In fact, I never cared much for Joel. Guy was a dick, and he deserved what he got irrespective of part I's ending. Nothing unfair there. Ellie was the light of the first game, joel was there to bring it out by contrast only.

The second game has political correctness splattered all over the story, for sure. Doesn't take from the fact you get some kick arse action in it. :D

Back