Strongest and most expensive beer - served in a dead squirrel

_xxx_

Banned
Now this is really crazy:

100723-brewdog-beer-hmed-140a.grid-6x2.jpg

facingblog1_440.jpg

stoat111_411.jpg

You'd expect a lot from a bottle of beer costing $765. What you get is 55 percent alcohol — and served in a squirrel.

According to Scottish firm BrewDog, "The End of History" is the "strongest, most expensive and most shocking beer in the world."

Just 12 bottles were made and the company has already sold out. They will be shipped out to buyers in the United States, Canada, Italy, Denmark, Scotland and England next week.

The dead animals which were used to create the beers' unusual appearance were four squirrels, seven weasels and a hare. All were roadkill, James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, told msnbc.com.

I dunno, I think the carcass would kill my appetite...

Def. take a look at their homepage, absolutely hilarious stuff. They have beers called "Tactical nuclear penguin" or "Sink the Bismarck" and they even offer special deals for Punks - "special deal for special people" :LOL:

I wonder how it feels to raise the bottle to your lips and stare into the glass eyes of a dead squirrel

I looked up their wiki page and apparently they use something called "freeze distillation" to get the alcohol content that high in the final product. Basically they distill it at cold enough temperatures where the water freezes but the alcohol is still liquid so they can separate the two.

Is there any advantage to doing something that complicated over just adding alcohol to normal beer?

Barley wine, Malt liquor, whatever... this stuff is definitely not "beer". The small animals' carcasses used to treat the casing are probably worth more than the contents. I'll take a Pabst, blue ribbon.

I beleive in the u.k you cannot make alcohol using a still without attracting duty
but freeze distilling doesn't attract any duty although its not as good

I find most tripel's to taste too much like liquor already ... although there are some which manage to hide it pretty well (mostly by being slightly girly/sweet). At 55% you'd have to be a pretty dedicated alcoholic to distinguish much flavour in these things.

Of course this is less for drinking and more for being a rich redneck. Still, roadkill ... no harm done apart from promoting terrible taste.

They should have skinned the dead animal first if they wanted shock factor. They even dressed some of them, seriously that's like putting your beer bottle inside a bottle holder that looks like a little girl's Tuxedo Sam doll, too cute for a pub setting IMO. If they wanted to be funny the bottle should come out from the other end :)

Back