Strikeforce 26 - Fedor vs. Werdum (Spoiler alert)

OMW! An upset of mega proportions, the match was yesterday.

Werdum beat Fedor using his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the first round with a triangle leg choke.

Awesome. So much for Fedor being unbeatable. Werdum didn't even punch once just went down as soon as Fedor went for him and almost got a leg lock on Fedor's arm but Fedor escaped just to go back into the triangle leg choke and get Fedor to tap with the clock on 1m09sec.

Next week is Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing Fedor lose just made my day even better. I've never been a big fan of his and felt that his accomplishments aren't as great as he get's credit for.

Am a Fedor fan, but I'm leaning more towards indifferent or even happy over the loss. He and his management were basically holding the HW rankings hostage as long as he remained undefeated and unwilling to compete against the new blood in the HW division. It's really unfair to the sport and the fans to have all these new contenders wanting to make their mark on the sport, only to have a huge '?' hang over their accomplishments because another fighter out there refuses to regularly compete in the #1 promotion.

Only real gripe is that Fedor is probably officially done with competitive MMA now. His undefeated streak is gone, so not only will Dana stop pursuing him, but so will many other contenders looking to be the first to defeat him. Dana will continue to snatch up the new up and comers, and Fedor will be left to only fight has beens.

So you're saying that the match lasted 1 minute in which the only thing happening was one guy choke holding another? Sounds very exciting!

So you're saying that the match lasted 1 minute in which the only thing happening was one guy choke holding another? Sounds very exciting!

You don't watch much MMA do you. Fedor is not your typical guy and had the Strikeforce Heavy weight Champion belt for a while. Being disciplined in Russia's martial arts and I think he was in the army too, he has a reputation of being the best 'heavy weight' fighter in the world. The fact that Werdum chocked Fedor out after taking some heavy fists from Fedor in the beginning of the round makes this a great fight, even if it lasted 1m09sec.

Currently, Brock Lesnar is the UFC's undisputed Heavy Weight Champion but Shane Carwin might change that on the week end. This fight will most probably be very quick too.

Back