Stealthed Bookmarks In Firefox - Frustrating!

Guden Oden

Legend
Where is Mozilla/Firefox hiding its bookmarks? As I've recently switched computer I need to restore my stuff but now I can't find it. Is it secret or something? :D

I tried exporting it, but it would only do it in html format (!), so of course I couldn't import em back into IE on my new box.

I'll fucking dump Firefox down an abyssal ocean trench if it won't spit out ordinary windows internet shortcuts when asked to. It's that simple.

I just imported my bookmarks from firefox without a problem. Just click File->Import and Export... in IE. Choose the html file from firefox and it will work fine.

Oh, and if you export your favorites from IE, it saves them in an html file as well.

Alright, I'll try that. I have previously just copied the shortcuts from A to B without bothering to go through the import/export hassle, but if you say it works I'll trust you. :)

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

use that for FF and TB backups...you can restore anything ;)
great proggie, too bad development stopped, but author will open source code, so someone might pick it up.....

great utility....

or you can use IE to store them...there are extansions to export bookmarks to favorites and import them back.....
trust me...i know alot about extansions.... ;)

Hahaha, yes, as soon as someone has a FF-related problem, you immediately reply with 3 or 4 extensions that'll fix it! :)

Thanks guys, I got my favs transferred now... Will see if I reinstall FF, with a faster puter the CPU-hog issue with flash anims primarily won't be as great a problem anymore I hope.

Guden Oden said:
Hahaha, yes, as soon as someone has a FF-related problem, you immediately reply with 3 or 4 extensions that'll fix it! :)

Thanks guys, I got my favs transferred now... Will see if I reinstall FF, with a faster puter the CPU-hog issue with flash anims primarily won't be as great a problem anymore I hope.

lol...well....i have 70 extension installed and i tried over 100 of them all together....

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/ (at least once a week) ;)

but MozBackup is great utility for firefox and thunderbird.... if you dont have it, Dl it and you wont have problems with bookmarks any more.... you can backup just bookmarks or cache or some other part in separate files...or you can backup whole profile....

Back