Spiders and ants INSIDE my PC

pelos66

Newcomer
Is it possible that a computer sudently shuts down or resetes it self without any apparent reason?

I mean, everything is fine, hardware and software that i know, but after an inner inspection i found a lot a dust, and baby spiders nesting over my audigy 2 sound card.

Is it possible that little web spiders or spider webs (very thin) can produce this type of behavior?

Another thing is that just the day i installed Half Life 2 (sunday), it is behaving like this... (not while playing the game, but in desktop), coincidende?

Apart from shor-circuits, what else could be producing sudently resets and shut downs? any idea??

Thanks

Did you know that the term "bug" was first coined back on September 9th, 1945 when a moth got itself flash-fried in a relay-based Harvard Mark II computer based out of the Naval Weapons Center in Dahlgren, Virginia?

Yes, bugs can cause problems with electronics. :)

Damn, i hope it be a bug, because i dont want any other shut downs now that i cleaned it.

This is what happens when you live in a tropical city :(

digitalwanderer said:
Pete said:
I've heard that raising babies can be quite stressful.
WORD!!!!!!! :oops:

Noo, really? im a 4 yo girl dad and my hair is starting to fall. And it gets worse when she manages to press i-dont-know-what-keys so the computer freezes.

Anyway, any stories of bugs inside your computers??

pelos66 said:
Noo, really? im a 4 yo girl dad and my hair is starting to fall. And it gets worse when she manages to press i-dont-know-what-keys so the computer freezes.
I've been a stay-at-home dad since my son was one year old, and he's eight next month and has a 5 year old little sister.

I know where you're coming from. Save yourself some grief and build her a cheap beater box, kids love 'em. I gave each of my kids their first computers when they were 2. :)

Anyway, any stories of bugs inside your computers??
Nope, not even a spider. Just cat/dog hair and dust, it's VERY dusty around here for some reason. :?

Check out this coating. Spray some on any part of your computer you want protected, and it's anti-static, anti-dirt, anti-vapor, etc. It might take a bit of practice to spray a good coating on your stuff, but it works great.

digitalwanderer said:
it's VERY dusty around here for some reason. :?
With four people and three dogs (and unknown quantities of cats) in one building, no wonder! Dust is mainly fabric fibres (from our clothes, furniture) and tiny skin flakes, so since you have a lot of bodies moving around there will be lots of dust!

You can get electrostatic air filtration units that'll take care of the major part of it. It will mean a healthier indoors environment too, since there are lots of microscopic insect/spider things that eat said skin flakes and produce tiny insectoid poop out of it instead, which is quite allergenic in nature.

Oh, and get rid of as much of your carpets as possible, they're major grossness-generators, including dust.

Guden Oden said:
With four people and three dogs (and unknown quantities of cats) in one building, no wonder!
Three puppies and one 10 year old so four dogs and two cats.

We have a couple of ionic breezes which help, but I'm dusting and vaccuming a lot too.

Oh, and get rid of as much of your carpets as possible, they're major grossness-generators, including dust.
Just got the estimate today and I will be getting rid of the living room and hallway carpets soon and getting knock-off Pergo for about $2,300. :) (I'm VERY tired of steam cleaning three times a day! :? )

Guden Oden said:
...and produce tiny insectoid poop out of it...

I'm sorry, I had to reply because that just made me almost spit out my water in laughter.

But yeah, in the past, I've found that:

Random restarts --> Dying PSU.

EDIT: And hey, my post count is now the same as the FSB speed of my first DIY computer. Fancy that. Freakin brain.

Back