Sony State of Play | May 2024.

techuse

Veteran

An array of AA/A games.

Concord
Overwatch clone which is certainly going to be a bomb. Can they not read the market at all?

Infinity Nikki
Initially thought this was an RPG but it’s a dress up, adventure game. Probably not for me but looks solidly crafted.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Probably the stand out for most.

Eleven other games were shown, several being remakes or ports of existing games.

Last edited:
what happened? Did anyone know about this or was it somewhat rushed? That's a surprise imho,

what happened to the Little Big Adventure they put on their youtube channel yesterday just to remove it right after i saw it ? I though it would be announced there.

Lol that kind of downplays it but yeah if that was the only news then I would be disappointed for PlayStation fans

No wonder there wasn't much of a build up! Guess we'll get a State of Play later in the year for actually interesting Studios projects.

(Astro Bot is fun though)

Astro bot will be sold as a standalone I suppose? The Astro games usually were free

Well yes it's a full game with 80 levels. Why should they give it for free? They have been working on it for 4 years. I don't remember then giving the PSVR game for free.
I didn't know much details about the game. Don't know if it was a small scale game or a fully fledged game. That's why I asked

what happened to the Little Big Adventure they put on their youtube channel yesterday just to remove it right after i saw it ? I though it would be announced there.
my guess is they are saving it for an e3/june showcase type deal ?

Why would they upload a trailer so early ? It looked really cool though, same viewpoint as the old games but all in 3d.

I think there will be a real showcase where they will reveal the PS5 pro as well as future games.

Ballad of Antara initially looked pretty exciting to me until I saw it was a F2P live service game.
Same, I was looking forward to it but those games rarely play and look as good as their gameplay trailers. Otherwise Where the winds meet looks great.

It's not. State of Play are the boring shows everyone is disappointed by. Showcases are the ones where the show off the big new first party stuff. Probably later in the year.
edit: yup you are right. There should be a showcase, but with respect, this was their june/e3 showcase.

I mean in 2023, they had a showcase at the end of May, similar timing:
They had their state of play in Sept.

And prior to that they had a showcase in 2021, and before that would have just been the launch showcase.

It's quite possible they would save the real showcase this year for PS5Pro timing, which should be holiday of this year. But wrt June, I'm not expecting anything more from Sony.

Last edited:
Back