Someone's getting a sh*tload of chocholate!

Compare "The Scream" on those two links...

At least one of them is a pretty bad copy, since they are quite different.

(I don't know exactly how it should look like though.)

At least one of them is a pretty bad copy, since they are quite different.
Actually, one is a version from the Norwegian National Gallery (has also been stolen previously) and the other one is the one owned by the Munch Museum.

Munch often painted several versions of his works, and in addition to those mentioned above, there are (at least) two 'lesser' authentic versions, one of which is privately owned.

Boy, if this doesn't sway it's captors, I don't know what will!

I'm sure Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer had the same intentions in "Heat" as they knocked over banks. Give us your M&M's and no one will get hurt...

Boy, if this doesn't sway it's captors, I don't know what will!
Eh? The point was that it already did... :?:

Oh, OK. Probably not, but the more plausible explanations (a. Good old fashioned policework, or b. Making a deal with a recently convicted notorious criminal in exchange for lenient visitation rights and no appeal on the length of his sentence) are much less fun.

Actually, one is a version from the Norwegian National Gallery (has also been stolen previously) and the other one is the one owned by the Munch Museum.

Munch often painted several versions of his works, and in addition to those mentioned above, there are (at least) two 'lesser' authentic versions, one of which is privately owned.

Ah, that would explain it.

Eh? The point was that it already did... :?:

Oh, OK. Probably not, but the more plausible explanations (a. Good old fashioned policework, or b. Making a deal with a recently convicted notorious criminal in exchange for lenient visitation rights and no appeal on the length of his sentence) are much less fun.

I was under the impression it was an added incentive. No one in their right mind is going to trade a priceless work of art for M&M's, thus why I unloaded ten feet of sarcasm.

I unloaded ten feet of sarcasm.
Oh, the sarcasm was fine. It was the use of future tense that made me wonder whether you caught the fact that the painting had already been recovered.
No one in their right mind is going to trade a priceless work of art for M&M's
As most art thieves eventually find out, something priceless is worth just about as much money as something worthless. I'd say, better take the M&M's and trade some of them for a nice frame and a poster. :smile:

As most art thieves eventually find out, something priceless is worth just about as much money as something worthless. I'd say, better take the M&M's and trade some of them for a nice frame and a poster. :smile:

I've often wondered what those suckers are thinking when they steal something unique like that. Or is there really a fat, sweaty man in Thailand who buys stolen art like in that movie with Connery & Zeta-Jones (Entrapment or something like that)...

Back