Slim Browser 4.05.007

Slim Browser is a tabbed multiple-site browser. It incorporates a large collection of powerful features like built-in popup killer, skinned window frame, form filler, site group, quick-search, auto login, hidden sites, built-in commands and scripting, online translation, script error suppression, blacklist / whitelist filtering, URL Alias. It brings you convenient and comfortable browsing.

snap3d_s.gif

Download: Slim Browser 4.05.007

-------------------------------------

Anyone using this? I'm trying it out at the moment and well .. I like. It's IE6 .. but better. Tabbed browsing, skins, google search, google and babelfish translations and a lot of other useful things .. is this what IE7 should be like?

US

Unknown Soldier said:
Slim Browser is a tabbed multiple-site browser. It incorporates a large collection of powerful features like built-in popup killer, skinned window frame, form filler, site group, quick-search, auto login, hidden sites, built-in commands and scripting, online translation, script error suppression, blacklist / whitelist filtering, URL Alias. It brings you convenient and comfortable browsing.

snap3d_s.gif

Download: Slim Browser 4.05.007

-------------------------------------

Anyone using this? I'm trying it out at the moment and well .. I like. It's IE6 .. but better. Tabbed browsing, skins, google search, google and babelfish translations and a lot of other useful things .. is this what IE7 should be like?

US

Heh, can't be any worse even if it wanted to! :LOL:

Ye .. maybe .. but i'm also a bit annoyed with FF. Some sites don't open properely, it crashes etc.

Will give it a few more days testing before I decide if I should continue using or not. :)

US

There's more stuff like that. I've been using NetCaptor in the last two years or so, which is essentially the same as that. Until Firefox 1.0 appeared.

Unknown Soldier said:
Ye .. maybe .. but i'm also a bit annoyed with FF. Some sites don't open properely, it crashes etc.

Will give it a few more days testing before I decide if I should continue using or not. :)

US

Same here, FF sometimes is just a pain in the ass. And not the good kind.

Why not use Opera then - its faster, more stable than FF and lacks the "ducttape" feeling.

london-boy said:
Same here, FF sometimes is just a pain in the ass. And not the good kind.

eeewwww :oops: Must be real hot in your Latex-dress during summer.

It uses IE6 as a base .. but adds to it substancially. Not a bad little browser at all.

I'll give Opera a go next .. you know, broaden my horizons :D

US

There's also Netscape 8 which is just out and is a weird hybrid of both IE6 and FireFox, allowing you the ability to use either rendering engines. It's worth a play for the inquisitive...

Sites not opening properly isn't the fault of FF, or any non-IE browser. It's the fault of people who don't know how to code. No sarcasm intended. There are simply a lot of people out there who write shitty code that the IE engine would compensate for. Forget to close your tags? No worries. IE will "figure out" what you meant.

Simply atrocious.

Back