Shocking! LokiTorrent sells users' idents to MPAA!

_xxx_

Banned
ReadMe!

Edit:
Something to get you going:
It's easy to argue the use of 'fight' in that statement. Weber settled out of court. If you donated money to LokiTorrent, it was apparently used to craft document 3:04-CV-2642-N available in PDF format from P2Pnet here. If you traded on LokiTorrent, Muff Torrent or any other Webber owned site, you paid a lawyer to turn over your identity and evidence of your file-trading to the MPAA.

That's not the point. The guy collected some 40000$ from his users and than gave the names of the people who donated to MPAA. If he just handed over his servers, it would have been okay. But he screwed people who were willing to help him.

If it's any consolation to you, this is so old that it has already been proved pretty worthless:

Over at my place I said:
Two rather interesting reads about Loki on Slyck called "Loki’s Map Leads MPAA on Road to Nowhere" and "Top 10 LokiTorrent.com Alternatives" that I saw over on Warp2search here and here respectively.

From the first link:

“By Court Order [Edward Webber, former LokiTorrent owner] must provide the MPAA with access to and copies of all logs and server data related to his illegal BitTorrent activities, which will provide a roadmap to others who have used LokiTorrent to engage in illegal activities.â€￾

The MPAA’s press release is chilling. Not only has the money donated to the legal defence fund disappeared into a black hole, but all former registered users of LokiTorrent are placed at risk of future lawsuits.

However, registered users will be relieved to hear that very little, if any, useful information will end up in the hands of the MPAA.

“They don't have anything, they have air,â€￾ an ex-torrent site owner told Slyck. He chose to remain anonymous. For arguments sake, we will call him Paul.

Paul also ran a Torrent site based on the same scripts and source used by LokiTorrent. They conferred regularly.

Referring to the website logs:

“Those access logs have no value it all. They only display whether you downloaded the .torrent file, not if you actually downloaded the content using that Torrent,â€￾ Paul explained to Slyck.

The Torrent file is merely a key; the MPAA can not prove that it was used in any locks.

You can check out the rest of it over here at Slyck.

Back