Resident Evil 5 Direct Feed 704x400 Trailer

Dot50Cal

Regular
You'll need an X264 decoder to play the video portion back properly. VLC Media Player works nice - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

704x400 resolution, ripped from the Japanese 10th anniversary DVD. Enjoy!

Preview from the video:
01.jpg

http://www.the-horror.com/Resident Evil 5 - Trailer 1.zip

Downloading now...

~20MB folks

I really like the environment. Looks great overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing looks very atmospheric. And boy the zombie seem to be a lot faster now.

Curiously enough, the end of the trailer only mentions a Playstation 3 release. But then again this is from a Japanese DVD.

EDIT: thanks for the link.

I should add, it was included with Playstation 2 releases, so it would make sense that they'd list PS3 only ;)

Your welcome guys, Enjoy!

Very nice Dot50Cal, im loving the look of the game. Hope to see more of it at TGS this year.

too bad that was a target render. I hope they will get that level of animation and quality when they finish it

i can't comment on the raw rendering quality, as it's different hardware.

but, as i played resident evil 4 on gamecube, i can definitely say it looks absolutely equal in design, style, animations, and thus, is not 'simply a target render', but the way the game and gameplay will look.

and, as the ps3 hw is much more advanced than the gc hardware, the raw rendering quality from the technical point of view seems plausible.

thus, yes, it can look that way. and damn, i hope it does ...

i still won't buy a ps3, but this game will make me wish i would. (it's the only game so far, thus no reason to buy one.. i'll buy a wii.. there'll be a resident evil for it, zelda, the mario game, and much more wich i want yet now.. :D)

We never had direct feed. Everything was Cam, and even then a few hours after Capcom had all the major outlets remove it from their sites.

Doubtful, the IGN and Gamespot ones have a cough near the begining. If you do have one its probably from the X05 event and its something like 300x200, with horrible nearest neighbor resizing via I beleive IGN and or XB's press site. That one is also the revised trailer with some different camera angles and missing/changed sound effects.

October EGM says this and DR2(?) might end up only on PS3 at TGS.

They might be full of shit though.

Seeing how pleased they are with the DR sales I would doubt that very much.

I'm starving for some RE5 news though... Bring it on!

Making RE5 exclusive, even if it's just time exclusive, would be one of the smartest things Sony could do. They have to make up for the loss of AC, and this would be fantastic.

Seeing how pleased they are with the DR sales I would doubt that very much.

I'm starving for some RE5 news though... Bring it on!
Capcom occasionally gets weird and hops its' franchises around, though, so you never know what to expect. ;)

Back